1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WP on a non o rather than non b

Discussion in 'Work permits' started by tiredtony, 28 Oct 2016.

1. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

I just picked up my work permit today for the labor department. I am on a NON O visa and have been for some time. To be honest, its the easiest process I have EVER been through in this country regarding bureaucracy and run around. I simply gave my school my degree/post grad dip in education, got some photos, did a blood test, copies of marriage cert, visa etc and that was it! It all seemed too easy.....but then again sometimes things fall in your ditch.

I am VERY happy to be on a NON O and wont give it up easily. I had an employer basically force me to change to a NON B once and that was a headache....leaving the country, criminal background checks....a whole load of it. I am very happy to have a visa that I WONT LOSE if my job ever falls through. Having it frees up the 400,000 that was required for the extension. I am now able to show 40,000 per month....got some beer money

Cheers!

tiredtony, Mister T and Stamp like this.
  2. Stamp

Stamp Administrator Staff Member

Congratulations. :thumbs up

spidey likes this.
  3. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

One more last step............the dreaded 'Thai Culture Course'.............but I am 90% there. I just need to learn that in Thailand a man says 'krap' and a woman says 'ka' to be polite....i also need to learn not to put my foot on a monks head while whistling at night...I'll get there.

4. muppetminder

muppetminder Member

I have a non 0 based on marriage. I think non O based on work is just as fraught with problems as the B. Also you need to be making 40k plus.

My wps always have been very quick and seemingly hassle free from BKK.

Also leaving the school if need arises much easier. Only way to go really.

Visa in Savanakhet may require funds now and all your marriage paperwork. If you're doing non O based on work I think,imo that's gonna be a bit of trouble.

The O visa will require you to leave every 90 days as well until you obtain extension.

Of course, all this hits your bottom line pretty hard.

I'd be certain precisely what the school is proposing and you get the paperwork in order yourself.

Of course you are unpaid for all this. Good luck.

5. muppetminder

muppetminder Member

Yes, I will never ever work on a B visa. I'd go to China first. B visa is so full of headaches. My O has been so easy.

I would not take a job before changing to a B. It's a flat out go F yourself in an interview. A red flag they demand teachers in as precarious situation as possible.

Any decent school has the experience and competnce to process O visa.

Any agency that can't or won't...Run!

6. tiredtony

tiredtony Thread Starter Well-Known Member

As spidey says its dead easy with an O, and i make 40k+ so no worries. I've got my Thai culture cert as well so it should be smoooooth.

muppetminder likes this.