1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would you like to teach something else than ESL?

Discussion in 'Teaching Jobs You Know Of' started by kruhjoe, 11 Jun 2016.

1. kruhjoe

kruhjoe Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Are you currently living in Thailand or planning to stay here for a few years?
    Are you intending to take a job to make a living while you're here?
    Are you fond of any of these: Art & Design / Design & Technology / ICT / Mathematics?
    Do you think you would be able even to teach it?
    Are you holding at least a bachelor's degree in any related field?
    Are you a native speaker of English (i.e. citizen of the UK, the USA, Canada, Australia or NZ)? *
    Are you an enthusiastic, motivated person who is not afraid of challenges?
    Are you willing to be part of a thriving team of professionals?

If your answers are YES to all the above questions, then it is definitely worth a try for you to contact Cambridge College (Thailand).

A job is right here waiting for You! (Starting date: 1 September 2016)

Please, give us a call, send us an email (with your CV), or visit us in person. You're always more than welcome!

All you need to bring with yourself is your passport and the originals of your degree and transcript. We will manage the rest for you.

For more information about us, you may read our syllabus (in attachment) or visit our website.

Thank you.

* We also consider EU nationals

Attached Files:

sirchai likes this.
  2. ttompatz

ttompatz Just another teacher

Bog standard, 35k (after probation) EFL job.

Teach ICGSE courses for 35k (after probation) ... not in your wildest dreams...

I guess that would speak to the standards though.

Anybody qualified to actually teach for the ICGSEs would probably take a job for 60-90k at a CIE accredited school.

3. kruhjoe

The OP does not anyhow reflect my personal opinion. I was only required to post this job ad on several sites.

I am employed by them, but as I am not the owner nor the manager of the school, I have no control whatsoever over determining how much money the teachers will get.

The post is only for those who are interested, and not for those who are not.

Thank you.

Stamp and sirchai like this.
  4. sirchai

sirchai Well-Known Member

Thanks for the offer, OP. For those who're not interested, please just don't post your opinion if it's a low paid job, or whatever you think is wrong with it.

I think it's a fair job offer. And somebody might be interested in such a position.

Working with/ at the same institution as the Op can't be that bad, if you know what I mean.

There's another forum, where you only get negative replies when posting a job. One forum is enough. :thai wai

kruhjoe likes this.
  5. ttompatz

Clarity and transparency and I wouldn't have said anything.
    Be honest with what it is and what it pays...

Teaching Jobs Available at CCT | Cambridge College (Thailand)

soloy likes this.
  6. soloy

soloy New Member

Yep - 20 periods plus a lot of administrative work is a lot.

7. kruhjoe

I actually owe you a thank you for reminding me that the 'teaching-jobs' page on our website hasn't been updated since last term. So after your first reply, I did that. (Before / After)

And of course, I know what you mean when you say the money is too little, and I somewhat agree with you. But anyway, the miser person is not me. Those who know me well also know that when it comes to giving or helping, I am the first one they can count on.

If you would really like to complain to someone, then it should be the owner or manager of the school (mother and daughter). You could try to convince them to pay teachers 60K+. (If you can achieve that, you'll be my guest for all the beer you can drink for a week.):cheers But I think I already know what their answer is going to be...

Last edited: 12 Jun 2016
  8. Tonyja

Tonyja Well-Known Member

It's pretty standard across the board in Bangkok now to pay 40,000 for any kind of job. For 35K i would expect a Norwegian with a TEFL.

9. kruhjoe

No worries, I'll try to mention this on a next meeting. That if we want quality teachers, the salaries need to be upgraded as well. We have to keep up with the market. Who knows, miracles might happen... :innocent2

10. ttompatz

It is not my place to complain about the wages they offer or convince them of anything.

The labor market is what it is and if you look at all the jobs on offer this year...

40k isn't attracting many native speakers with a degree for generic EFL jobs and 35k with no benefits is the offer ...

market forces will determine the quantity and quality of applicants.

Especially in places like Phitsanulok.

kruhjoe likes this.
  11. chuachinsoon

chuachinsoon Well-Known Member

Any hard evidence for this? Some people think that the 38.5k max cap (11 months) at my school is a bit too much. They want to reduce the salary. At the same time, they're asking why we can't seem to get NES to teach long term at the school. The management team has been successful at warding off the questions so far, but there's been a lot of pressure to reduce the salaries here in Khon Kaen. Would be great to give some ammo to the management team to defend the salary scale for foreigners. After all, it's my job on the line. :P

DavidUSA likes this.
  12. Gor Blimey Guvnur!

Gor Blimey Guvnur! What the duck ! Staff Member

Thx Joe for the heads up for members on TT regardless of pay.

^Funny enuff I saw an advert on the Jobs feed not long ago where they pay their teachers half that. Funny that eh?

13. kruhjoe

"I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself" (W. S. Churchill)

Based on 136 job ads from ajarn.com, (entering only those that offer monthly salaries and omitting the ones with hourly wages), here is what I've found:

average-salaries-foreign-teachers.png

Last edited: 12 Jun 2016
  14. Stamp

Stamp Administrator Staff Member

Nice.

kruhjoe likes this.
  15. Stamp

Stamp Administrator Staff Member

Over what period, kruhjoe?