1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Non-O working without a work permit

Discussion in 'Visas and extensions of stay' started by gungchang, 15 May 2015.

  1. Cal Roy

    Cal Roy Well-Known Member

    15 Jul 2013
    Likes Received:
    My boss at ECC a few years ago said there wasn't actually a way to get a work permit for a marriage visa anyway. Probably not true, but never ruin a good story with the truth.
  2. Stamp

    Stamp Administrator Staff Member

    26 Nov 2010
    Likes Received:
    The Working of Alien Act BE 2551 and the ones before that do not explicitly state the type of stay issued by immigration other than the paragraph below.

    However, it has been reported that some, and really some immigration offices don't consider an extension of stay based on marriage to a Thai national, as a valid permission of stay to be eligible for a work permit. One of these immigration offices is Phuket.
    Cal Roy likes this.

Share This Page