1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which TV Series Are You Watching?

Discussion in 'The Movie and Television Lounge' started by crew, 29 Dec 2010.

1. Makaveli

Makaveli aka 2Pac Staff Member

Stamp likes this.
  2. DavidUSA

DavidUSA Well-Known Member

Hogan's Heroes and Jonny Quest. {Notice that I did not spell "Jonny Quest" like "Johnnie Walker"--that would have given a lot away while making a profound comment on the end result of boyish adventure stories. One might end up in some exotic locale, you know the story.}

Did you know that Sergeant Schultz and Colonel Klink were both Jewish? They both suffered under the Nazis. It is amazing to think about it.

3. Hey_ewe

Hey_ewe Well-Known Member

Great news. It looked like that they'd left it open for another series and I googled it as soon as I finished watching series two but there wasn't any concrete info at the time. I'm going to use a one month free trail that I received from netflix, to binge watch some TV over the October holidays. They seem to offer me a free trial once a year. It's for my UK account but it seemed to work very well via a VPN the last time I took a trial.

Quarry continues to be worth watching.

4. gungchang

gungchang Well-Known Member

No, but it doesn't surprise me. They did a great job of portraying the Nazis as morons.

Bob Crane, aka Hogan, was a busy boy in real life. He makes Hugh Heffner look like Pat Boone.

I'm watching Z Nation. It's quite a different story now, and I can understand some of the Chinese on the show.

Aftermath and Timeless are both new syfy entries.

Timeless is a hybrid of The Time Tunnel (new historical event event every week), The Butterfly Effect (something gets changed), and Sherlock Holmes (they're hunting their Moriarty).

Aftermath is another post apocalypse story. Instead of nukes or zombies, it's more Biblical this time. Nothing to do with The Rolling Stones.

5. Makaveli

I've just started watching the latest season, not liking that much compared the the other seasons

6. GanDoonToonPet

GanDoonToonPet Well-Known Member

Zed Nation, got to love it. Radioactive zombies? Zombie babies? Z weed ; US pron OK as it doesn't work otherwise.

Does anyone have a link the BBC 'In sickness & in Health' new episode. I have them all except this one. BTW all are crap except Goodnight Sweetheart which is awesome; hope they make a full series. :celebrate2

7. gungchang

I'm sure you're not alone.

It is in effect its own spin off now. Once Murphy arrived in California, the series effectively ended. Ditto for the series within a series, Citizen Z. He no longer provides intel and he's not even in Northern Lights (for the moment).

But, in an effort to keep it going, I'll give the writers kudos for a valiant effort. Citizen Z has a girlfriend complete with a family. He's responsible for more than a dog now. Murphy has gone from a freak to playing God, literally, remaking man in his image and subject to his will. And, the Chinese are in it now. The Last Ship brought China into the plot as well. Is this a trend?

Whatever happens, I get to practice a little Chinese, sometimes.

8. Mr. Chips

Mr. Chips Active Member

Thx Gungchang.
    Timeless looks good. Just googled it and saw the A. Lincoln episode listed. When you mentioned "historical", the first thing to coincidentally hit inside my noggin was the twilight zone episode of that nature. I can only assume so as I haven't watched it yet.
    Now watching Turn s.2.

9. gungchang

I thoroughly enjoyed Stan Against Evil. I also liked Ash vs. Evil Dead, especially the closing of the episode that brought back Time Has Come Today. Bootsy's take on it wasn't as bizarre as Marlon Brando's Mr. Christian, but it was out there.

Both are camp.

Stan has a bit more plot. It might dismay some, but I love it. Stan has a mouth on him. One of his Stan-isms was "She has a stick so far up her ass that I can see one end of it when she yawns." I think we've known co-teachers like that.

10. gungchang

I'm in the middle of some intense procrastination, so when I saw a S01E02 on eztv.ag I downloaded it and E01.

Cardinal. It's caught me off guard twice. I'm hooked.

11. Makaveli

Only just read this, then did a search and found the one off episode....
    It was great, then read that the BBC has decided not to go ahead and make a full series of it again...What idiots...got great reviews of this one off episode and they then don't bother with it
    ITV should bring it back :yes

12. gungchang

More disappointment: Other Space

I downloaded season 1 from Kick Ass. If you liked Mystery Science Theater 3000 you might like this.

I was heartbroken to read that there won't be a season 2.

Yes, it is low budget and low tech. So were the first few decades of Dr. Who.