1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which TV Series Are You Watching?

Discussion in 'The Movie and Television Lounge' started by crew, 29 Dec 2010.

1. gungchang

gungchang Well-Known Member

Just finished The Strain. Some new players appeared at the end of the episode.

- - - Updated - - -

The Last Ship also ended on quite a plot twist.

2. Hey_ewe

Hey_ewe Well-Known Member

Yes, I'm interested to know who they are, an intriguing new angle.

I haven't watched any of the last ship, is it any good? I was put off by the lead actress Rhona Mitra, I'm not really sure why but I find her very annoying.

I really enjoyed the first couple of series of walking dead, however once the novelty of gory zombie killing wore off, I found the story moved too slowly and it became a bit predictable. Having said that I will still watch the new series.

Homeland was definitely a slow starter but it developed into quite a good series.

3. gungchang

Your wait may be over.

TPB has torrents for S08 for both The Strain (E08&09) and Doctor Who (E02&03&04).

- - - Updated - - -

Disregard. The torrents are fakes.

I downloaded Dr. Who S08 E04 last week, and E02 & 03 are out there.

But it's not one of these.

4. Hey_ewe

Heh, too good to be true! I've only ever known one show be released before it was shown on tv and that was a pilot for crossbones. I only ever download from private torrent sites, there are too many fake files and no one bothers to seed on the pirate bay.

5. gungchang

Actually, the Dr Who episodes 1-6 have been leaked and I've bagged #04 and #02.

Since #2 will air in a about half a dozen hours, I may not bother watching the 02 working copy,

6. Hey_ewe

Ah yes, I can see episodes 1-5 wow somebody's head will roll for that!

7. gungchang

Actually, it's a bit of an embarrassment and TPB pulls the torrents as they appear. I found one there and one on Isohunt

The aired E02 has just finished downloading.

Also, I'm checking out Hysteria, the series, which may have nothing to do with Hysteria, the movie, which is about the guy who invented the vibrator.

8. gungchang

The Strain has yet to explain the "visitors" who rescued some and exterminated one at the end of S01E07.
    The one who spoke sounded like Christopher Lloyd to me. I can't find these guys in the credits.

The Last Ship now has at least two alumni from Desperate Housewives.
    The series is now a hybrid of Under Siege and Soylent Green (think electricity instead of food).
    It will resume next year?

Extant has not disappointed.

Looking forward to the return of The After next year.

9. Jilrob

Jilrob Member

I've just had a delayed start to Orange is the New Black S2. Now binging. I really liked S1 and so far enjoying S2.

10. Makaveli

Makaveli aka 2Pac Staff Member

Just watched the first 4 episodes of Game of Thrones Season 5, even though one 2 episodes have actually been aired, if you look hard enough you can find epsiode 3 and 4 :wink2:

11. gungchang

I enjoy iZombie. It's a hybrid of Tru Calling and Chuck and Medium and The French Chef and Grimm.

Like Tru Calling, the heroine works in a morgue with a partner in crime fighting who knows her secret. Her secret isn't having groundhog days; she's a zombie. There is a bad guy (or two) who thwart her.

Like Chuck, she knows things on demand about people, and can acquire skills (like kung fu) with the blink of an eye. This is not done through a computer brainwash called "The Intersect." It's done by eating people's brains.

Like Medium, she's convinced a cop that she's a psychic and the cop follows up on her psychic visions. The visions are the memories of the person whose brain she's most recently consumed.

Like The French Chef, we learn of all sorts of nifty ways to serve brains. One bad guy has a meals on wheels catering service for zombies. Brains marinara with a mozzarella melt, anyone? Don't forget the hot sauce to kill the metallic taste.

And it's like Grimm but with zombies instead of a comic book assortment of fairy tale creatures. The police chief is one of them in Grimm; in iZombie the chief uses a lot of hot sauce. One never knows if a person is a zombie/wesen or not

zombie.jpg

zombie.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Apr 2015
  12. keeshou

keeshou Laoshi

Daredevil (not the movie) is really good, it's a Netflix, so you'll probably have to download it.
    The Good Wife has been really good.
    Madame Secretary, is ok.
    Outlander, is really quite good
    Banshee, really turns up the violence meter, sometimes over the top, but still manages to be pretty good
    Episodes, is one of the cleverest comedies I've seen in awhile

13. GanDoonToonPet

GanDoonToonPet Well-Known Member

The Killing. It's a bit slow - 14 days spread over 14 episodes, spread over 2 series for the first story.

There's a third series which I won't spoil for myself & Netflix picked it up for 6 more episodes for a sixth 'mini-series'.

14. GanDoonToonPet

GanDoonToonPet Well-Known Member

It's a hybrid of Friends & every 'wank' American sitcom 20 years before that...I can get excited about almost any zombie TV series but this one just makes me want to eat myself. :eek: (try out new emoticon)

15. bahn_farang

bahn_farang Well-Known Member

mentalist series 7 all done and dusted now have to prepare for the new term!