1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where is Harris Binotti ?

Discussion in 'General News from Thailand' started by Gor Blimey Guvnur!, 16 Nov 2016.

1. DavidUSA

DavidUSA Well-Known Member

I hope that he gets caught. Otherwise, this thread is not going to end, and I will have to see that picture of him--playing the clown--flash through my mind again. Some people are nuts, and alcohol can compound the problem.

The lesson is be careful with whom you associate and don't get smashed with anyone.

You don't know who is who, especially at the end of the road in a place like Burma. Take Joran van der Sloot, for example. He was an honor student and a sports star. He looks like he is normal, but he is not normal at all. If you try to put your finger on his character, you see someone who likes to lie and gamble. But is that so bad?

By the way, he moved to Thailand and even attended Rangsit University and owned a small business ("Sawasdee Cup" a restaurant). He also did a little human trafficking, but that is another story. It's the trail of slain girls that tells us who he is. Maybe van der Sloot and Binotti are cut from the same cloth--I would not doubt it.

Have you ever wondered what "evil" means? Does it just mean "very bad"? It is just an absence of good? Or is evil an active force? What does it look like, what is it like to eat lunch and watch a funny movie with someone you would say is "evil"? Are they cracking jokes, having belly laughs, sharing their pizza with you? Having a few Heinekens? Can be a person be hatefully malicious and have a great sense of humor too?

If you have a career in the military, you meet and know a lot of people. If you go to war with them you may get to see the inside come out, the mask fall off the really bad one--because they get a chance to do stuff they like and not get caught,nor, indeed, get punished. Once you really know an evil, sick person, it sticks with you. It also tends to make you want to enjoy your Heineken alone.

Take a peek at scumball. I am curious: what does his tattoo say? Can anyone read it?

20100604-tattoo_1657592i.jpg

Last edited: 12 Feb 2017
  2. sirchai

sirchai Well-Known Member

It simply means: " Mai Phen Rai." Or "No problem."

Without being too fast judging others, the guy looks like a bigger problem to me.

3. Gor Blimey Guvnur!

Gor Blimey Guvnur! Thread Starter What the duck ! Staff Member

Finally ! Only took Interpol about 5 months to get Harris Binotti on their wanted persons list.
    - INTERPOL

Harris Binotti Interpol wanted.jpg

Well progress it is but this lad has certainly enjoyed his freedom far too long due to the delay in an arrest warrant from the Myanmar authorities. Also this story has died in the press and nothing of significance has been reported for well over a month ...yesterdays news it seems whilst an 'alleged' killer is on the run.

DavidUSA and fred flintstone like this.
  4. fred flintstone

fred flintstone Well-Known Member

He looks different in every picture....some kind of changling or shape-shifter. Good to see he's on the list.

DavidUSA likes this.
  5. DavidUSA

DavidUSA Well-Known Member

We get to see how the system really "works". If bad guys hear the world Interpol, they might shake in their boots, but the reality looks different: another glacial bureaucracy.

He is either being protected by someone or he has a beard, living in the sticks at the end of a road in one of the tribal areas of Burma. I know, it is not Burma, but, actually, it should be. (If it were being run by British Gentlemen it would be a lot better off.)

Binotti really is one of those people who look different in each photograph. That is probably serving him very well at this moment, if he is still with us.

6. ramses

ramses Well-Known Member

168 cm .... not a very tall lad.

7. Gor Blimey Guvnur!

How do they know this?
    On-the-run murder suspect Harris Binotti believed to be hiding out in Scotland after cops issue global arrest warrant

Hiding in Scotland? But to add to the slack and shabby reporting by the Scottish Sun, and I quote: "INTERPOL yesterday issued a global arrest warrant for on-the-run murder suspect Harris Binotti", from a story dated today lol. I spotted it Saturday 8th April (see above this page of thread) and was 'probably/maybe' up there for around a week or two before that given its on page 4 of the interpol list. Well done the Scottish Sun eh.

8. bahn_farang

bahn_farang Well-Known Member

This story is all over the BBC now in the UK, hopefully he will get caught and asked to prove his innocence

Gor Blimey Guvnur! likes this.
  9. ramses

ramses Well-Known Member

Tat says mai pen rai. His name is Joren Vander Sloot. He was in Bangkok for a time, and played quite a bit of poker while he was here (or so I hear). Another scumball - Ron Fanelli (the Mad Yank) was another staple (or so I hear) at cash card games in Bangkok. Both are testosterone driven alpha males who can not just stfu. That they were both arrested within a couple weeks of each other was pretty crazy.

10. fred flintstone

The school he was working at must have been desperate when they hired him.He doesn't sound like quality teaching material.

11. Gor Blimey Guvnur!

12. fred flintstone

No doubt he's in the wind again now. Not much point in the red notice if no ones following through on it.

13. ttompatz

ttompatz Just another teacher

He is going to get away with murder.
    • No extradition treaty between the UK and Myanmar.
    • The UK will not extradite a person to face a death sentence.
    • The evidence supplied by the Myanmar police wouldn't stand up the "Guilt beyond reasonable doubt" required in a UK courtroom so it will likely never go to to trial for as long as he remains in the UK.

14. Gor Blimey Guvnur!

Sadly ttompatz correct on point 1, point 2 too unless they took the death penalty off the table, point 3 probably right too given law proviso to do so also (see link 'murder abroad' in this thread). Yes Mr. Binotti will plead not guilty I would think given his statements in the news article today.

Lets see what unfolds this week ...they know where he is, they have an active arrest warrant in the form of Interpol red notice, thus the old bill should lift him and make 'further enquiries'. What then happens we will see. Sad state of affairs though eh.

15. shinji_ikari

shinji_ikari New Member

if he's 5 ft 5 what is his gf? 4 ft 2????