1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where is Harris Binotti ?

Discussion in 'General News from Thailand' started by Gor Blimey Guvnur!, 16 Nov 2016.

1. Gor Blimey Guvnur!

Gor Blimey Guvnur! Thread Starter What the duck ! Staff Member

Last edited: 3 Dec 2016
  2. Gor Blimey Guvnur!

A reward for information on where Harris Binotti is has been posted by the family of Gary. I believe the reward is 5000 euros and hoping friends and family chip in.

Reward for Binotti | Dream or Donate

Stamp and sirchai like this.
  3. sirchai

sirchai Well-Known Member

4. fred flintstone

fred flintstone Well-Known Member

Anybody heard any news on this case?

bahn_farang likes this.
  5. bahn_farang

bahn_farang Well-Known Member

Good call on keeping it current!

sirchai likes this.
  6. fred flintstone

Odd that with all the computer tracking of passports and visas that he could slip past customs agents like that.

7. Gor Blimey Guvnur!

No real updates in the press for the last 2 weeks other than speculative stories that he may have even gone back to Scotland. As the Thai authorities stated, he did not enter Thailand so could be anywhere. Interpol is involved (so the press and Myanmar authorities say) but this person is not on their 'Wanted Persons' (red notice) database as of today... when asked by the press or individuals no answer is forthcoming as to why this is the case. The family of Gary are still raising donations towards a reward for information on Harris Binotti and are still pressing Interpol and the UK police and government to take more action than they are at present.

Yesterday's news and you can literally get away with murder so it seems. He 'may' yet appear but inaction seems rife in this case.

fred flintstone likes this.
  8. Gor Blimey Guvnur!

9. sirchai

I'd bet that nobody would stop me from crossing the "green border" in Kantharalak/Sisaket area which is close to Cambodia. You only have to walk around the Immigration a bit and cross the border.

If you're familiar with Prachaup Khiri Khan area, you can take off to Burma and come back after a few hours when you go up a certain waterfall.

And I guess I don't have to tell you how easy it is to get into Laos. There're many boats who take you for 10 baht over the Mekhong.

I don't think that this prick has legally crossed any border and through my little researches it could be that he made it to Cambodia.

One of the freaks' ex-facebook friends who lives in Cambodia had informed the killer's Filipino friend who sees him as his brother ( most unfriended him by now) right after the time of the killing of the good guy.

The one million dollar question now is how and from whom did the guy in Cambodia get the information in details to be able to inform the Filipino about their friend who now seems to be on the run.

Or is it that the killer is in Cambodia and contacted his Filipino brother that he's a little bit in trouble in Myanmar and had to leave?

I've got the feeling that I'm so close to him, but still far away. I 'd look for him in Cambodia and considering the guy's drug addiction, he might be into kids and known by some local guys.

There were quite a lot of weird stories that he got crazy when on drugs. So that's not heroin then and it must be speed. Looking at places where they sell drugs with a couple of photos would be a start.

Offering the Khamen cops some good money if they catch him is also a good idea.

10. fred flintstone

If Burma hasn't issued a warrent or the correct paperwork. I think he can come and go as he pleases. I hope I'm wrong.

11. Gor Blimey Guvnur!

Just in today, a video plea and story from Gary Fergusons wife. Interpol say too that the paperwork hasn't yet been recieved to place him on the 'Wanted persons Red notice' ....pretty sad. Also again speculation he's in Scotland but his own family members don't know where Harris Binotti is, so they say.

2 plus months on the run and by now surely someone is helping him thus someone knows where he is. Pretty sad state of affairs between the UK government, Myanmar authorities, and Interpol.

Widow of murdered teacher Gary Ferguson in desperate plea for suspected killer to give himself up

12. Gor Blimey Guvnur!

Over 3 months now and still not found but then the inaction of various authorities will allow him his continued freedom whilst there is still no arrest warrant issued and no 'red notice' issued by Interpol ...effectively he is not a 'person of interest'.

However, pinch of salt story (in yesterday) as it is the word of one person ... spotted in Nepal.
    Former Aberdeen student on the run after colleague murder spotted | Press and Journal

Come on Interpol, Myanmar police, and UK government ...pull yer finger out eh.

fred flintstone likes this.
  13. fred flintstone

Good to see people keeping an eye open.

14. ttompatz

ttompatz Just another teacher

Unless the country that has jurisdiction finally gets around to issuing an arrest warrant he is and will remain a free man.
    As long as the death penalty is on the table he will never be returned to face trial.

15. sirchai

Indeed very sad news. It's possible that he could enter Thailand via a "green border" and left the same way. There's one person who informed a Filipino friend from Cambodia right after the incident.

I've tried to get the guy's name in Cambodia, but the Filipino sees Binotti as a "brother" and wouldn't tell me more than I've already told you.

I hope that people continue to post the killer's photo and it's really time that Interpol comes up with a red note.

It's such a tragic and sad story and I can only imagine how Gary's relatives must feel.

Time to catch this animal.