1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where is Harris Binotti ?

Discussion in 'General News from Thailand' started by Gor Blimey Guvnur!, 16 Nov 2016.

1. bahn_farang

bahn_farang Well-Known Member

he has made a few stupid decisions up to now

2. DavidUSA

DavidUSA την σκαφην σκαφην λεγοντας

If he is innocent, but he does not say anything, that is truly stupid.
    If he is guilty, why not get it over with?

Walking into Scotland yard is a good idea, but one has to get to England first, and legally at that--not very likely. Ooops, I guess that it is not so hard to get there. Become a stateless refugee, talk gibberish, jump on a boat, then a truck, get into England and get new identity papers (sounds easy from what we hear), and ask for a job at Scotland Yard! They are hiring! A Pakistani lawyer who went to Oxford will even greet you as you get off the truck and help you fill out all the paperwork to get benefits in the UK! You'll be flush with cash!

First, go where you will have some decent food and a clean room.

Or turn yourself in and tell the truth: I came here to Busan because I thought I would get fair treatment. (Don't tell them the decisive contributing factor: I like Korean food, especially in the morning). It might not be the Sofitel on Sukumvit if you go to South Korea, but it will be a lot better than sleeping in a room like a mass grave in Phnom Penh. After you say "kamsamnida" a few times and hand things to them properly, once you dig into that cold fish-head breakfast with glee, and bow in shame like their Prime Minister is doing right now, they will know you are sincere and somehow belong. Best of all, their government is getting ready to collapse, so you have a good chance of cooling your heels for a few months. Not as many insects or weirdo sex-pats in the prison with you as there would be in Bangkok, maybe none, thank God (it is early winter, not the tourist season). Just the regular robbery and murder types in there with you, quite polite actually, fellas who show respect and get respect.

Last edited: 17 Nov 2016
  3. Gor Blimey Guvnur!

Gor Blimey Guvnur! Thread Starter What the duck ! Staff Member

An assumption based on your opinion only ...they may have done a good job or not, just like any other police force anywhere in the world. Furthermore, Interpol are on the ground in this in Myanmar so they will be collating facts, evidence, and witness statements too. Wonder how good they are at doing what they do?

Who said it would be? If there is a trail it is based on the aforementioned.

The latter I tend to agree with, the former is a strong possibility IF he is in the UK one way or another that he will face court and be tried (I doubt they would just say 'mai bpen rai' for a person who is 'alleged' to have murdered another British subject, don't you think?)...the outcome is never certain when someone pleads not guilty is it?

Thank you for another stereotype of another race or culture David and god bless American people.

4. DavidUSA

Yeah, I thought that remark might ruffle a few feathers. But I was being factitious because a lot of Americans are just the same or worse, me included. I think it is genetic: Vikings from Russia > what is today Great Britain > USA. Drink and fight, join the team, share the spoils, row your boat, drink and fight, take places over, repeat.

sirchai likes this.
  5. sirchai

sirchai Well-Known Member

Thank you for another stereotype of another race or culture David and god bless American people.

God already blessed America by using George W. Bush when "HE, the ALMIGHTY" went to war. Not wanting to destroy your truly heartbreaking conversation, but assholes are everywhere.

Where are Americans from? A lot of them fled the UK because killing some Indians is still better than sitting in a small cell.

History repeats itself.

6. bahn_farang

Back on track I hope this individual is caught or hands himself in. With the net he has little chance of a peaceful life. My guess he will tire of hiding.

DavidUSA likes this.
  7. DavidUSA

Most likely he already put down the spoon, or will soon.

8. DavidUSA

I take this incident as a warning: be very careful about drinking too much, and be very careful with whom you socialize, especially being so far from home.

Stamp likes this.
  9. Gor Blimey Guvnur!

A shame for the family. Yep almost 4 weeks, no word, no other reports, nothing for the last 2 weeks ....yesterdays news as they say except for this article in the Belfast Telegraph Tuesday 29th.

Northern Ireland teacher Gary Ferguson beaten to death in Burma - police hunt Scottish colleague Harris Binotti - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk

... and from a coconuts article yesterday too on the back of above article:

"Myanmar police previously stated that they had already handed the case over to Interpol, though Binotti is not included in Interpol’s public database as a wanted individual"

Why not?

Family of slain British teacher say authorities are not doing enough to catch suspect | Coconuts Yangon harris binotti gary ferguson yangon murder suspect interpol police british teacher

Last edited: 30 Nov 2016
    sirchai, Stamp and fred flintstone like this.
  10. sirchai

They should issue a red note until he can proof that he's innocent. And he's the last person who saw him alive. Can't you smell that smell?

11. bahn_farang

Yes. This person is the lead suspect in the murder of their son and brother. Interpol, a cross nation organisation, has it appears done nothing. I do find comfort in the fact that things do seem in South East Asia to 'come out with the wash'. My thoughts are with the family in this matter.

sirchai likes this.
  12. sirchai

It's really a shame that he's not even wanted by them. I've just sent them a red note in form of an e-mail. Let's wait and see. Interpol seems to be a pretty well-organized one. Should be Inthepool. :laughing5

13. Gor Blimey Guvnur!

Please members, this is a sensitive issue and important to some, and thus some posts have been removed. Please stay near to on topic and try to be constructive to the said topic.

Thank you GBG.

Stamp likes this.
  14. bahn_farang

Regrettably it is not a laughing matter. Someone has been brutally murdered.

My thoughts are with the family at this time. The authorities have, it seems, let the trail go cold but through forums like this we can keep the message alive and in the forefront of the minds of others.

15. sirchai

Sorry, but the joke was on Interpol Interpol loses German man at Suvarnabhumi and I've sent them a little reminder to do something.

I do feel very sorry for the family of the deceased and hope that they soon find the killer. And hiding somewhere does seem to show that he's done the cruel crime that took the life of a nice guy.

My deepest condolences to the family of the deceased. I can only imagine how you must feel.