1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are the best schools?

Discussion in 'Schools you want to talk about' started by Matthew, 18 Dec 2010.

1. ramses

ramses Well-Known Member

wouldn't happen to be down Bang Phli way ... I think there is a SS on soi wat nam daeng, or close by...

2. slamb

slamb Active Member

What in God's, Buddha's & Hare Krishna's name are you doing working in that place? Have you found the only SSchool that doesn't drive you to drink or suicide? BTW I know another BM who's left the swamp recently & I suggest that he get in touch with you.

Are you over 55? Don't you have a degree? Are you black? (sorry racist) Are you on the MI5 most wanted list? If the answer is 'no' to ANY question then what the deuce ... ? :wai3:

3. ramses

ramses Well-Known Member

^He is near that school ... not at it....

4. slamb

slamb Active Member

OK

OK?

BTW there's a SS close by everywhere in Bangkok. :biglaugh:

5. Wangsuda

Wangsuda Nonentity Staff Member

Like Ramses said: near, not at. Our EP is filled with students from a Sarasas and St. Mary's. To be honest, the reputation of those two schools is highly overrated. My six-year-old speaks better English than students who've gone through six years of EP education at either of the aforementioned schools.

6. stimo

stimo New Member

SATIT IS ONE OF THE BEST ( AND MOST EXPENSIVE )SCHOOLS IN KHON KAEN.

7. slamb

slamb Active Member

Not Sarasas - any of them! Bunch of conmen masquerading as educators & they've gotten worse over the past year since 2 'business people' were elected to the board. NES have been abolished in KG. NES used to teach English (obviously), science, maths, social, PE & music but have been replaced by Filipinos (spelling?) & Africans.

Bilingual? Only very old white men, sans degree & teaching ability, are employed there to teach English (not grammer or GAT etc) & the non-NES are of such a low standard that they do nothing other than to confuse the students.

The head of foreign staff & the pratom / matayom key teachers don't work there, by definition, as they don't have work permits; as evidenced by their 60/90 day 'sick days' which they think we're too stupid to notice. :hilarious:

Despite their precarious positions, they continue to play silly political games with qualified teachers' (thanks Crew) careers; they are soon to be sadly mistaken.

Apart from all that, it's a great place to work & the students learn tremendous amounts of English.

8. brianp0803

brianp0803 New Member

You gave good recommendations for past schools you work - then why did you leave these schools?

- - - Updated - - -

Many schools have high turn-over rates in teachers. I know my last school - teachers for grade 7-9 very seldom last more than 2 years. I survived four years. But asking around - nobody knows of any grade 7-9 teacher lasting more than 2 years (besides me) in the last 10 or more years.

9. Wangsuda

Wangsuda Nonentity Staff Member

I am a grade 7-9 teacher and have been at my school for 7 years. Now you do know someone. :hilarious:

10. ramses

ramses Well-Known Member

I taught three years at a government high school before going to work at an inter, a good friend of mine has been teaching in Singburi for 9+ years now

11. Farang_Ba

Farang_Ba Active Member

I've heard the same thing, it seems like an "elite school" from what I've been told. And on the opposite end of the spectrum is good ole' Kham Kaen Nakorn, which last I heard was ranked at the bottom and their claim to fame is their uber 1/2 arsed approach to schooling.

12. chuachinsoon

chuachinsoon Well-Known Member

This is my third year here. It is good in some areas but in some others...
    I've had 4 directors over the 2.25 years here. (One guy did it twice so it's actually 5) :innocent:

13. peecao

peecao www.ratchaphruek.ac.th

My children's school Sarasas Ratchaphruek is okay. They offer 12 month contracts with paid holidays in March April and October. They offer salary rises with new contracts, they don't work evenings or weekends but don't offer transportation. So, pretty good I suppose.