1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Webinars accepted as professional development?

Discussion in 'Teacher Licensing (TCT)' started by Harry Bean, 27 Feb 2017.

1. Harry Bean

Harry Bean Thread Starter Mini driving wizard!

I've not been around for a while and time just seems to have flown by since I got my licence.

Unfortunately, I've been somewhat lazy with regard to my professional development apart from attending the odd seminar when there has been one near me.

Obviously I have to do something about this now since I have about 1 more year before I have to re-apply to be within the 6 months in advance.

I've started doing Oxford and Cambridge webinars online. Does anyone have any idea if these will be accepted? What about other online courses such as Coursera which appears to have courses provided by well known institutions?

I'm more than prepared to do these courses if they will be accepted by Khurusapha.

I know there are a few of us who got licences around the same time.

What are you guys doing?

2. bahn_farang

bahn_farang Well-Known Member

Good to see you back, hope life been treating you well,

Not sure about the online courses but it has been mentioned before that the Oxford Days and Cambridge Days where attendance is required are fine.

Finished the PGCEi with Nottingham and now doing an MA with the same university.

3. ttompatz

ttompatz Just another teacher

Educa at the Impact center in Minburi will give you about 20 hours worth of certs.
    It takes place in mid Oct. EDUCA 2016 – 12-14 October 2016 IMPACT Forum Hall9 IMPACT Muang Thong Thani They haven't posted the 2017 stuff yet (usually in May or June).

Check your local universities. They often hold one-day seminars, workshops, symposiums within the faculty of education or languages.
    They are usually good for a quick cert as "Pro-D" and they are usually free.

3-5 certs and you are good to go for your next renewal.

bahn_farang likes this.
  4. Stamp

Stamp Administrator Staff Member

Nice to see you online again.
    I submitted the documents below, last April 2016.

Thai teacher license renewal application 5 April 2016 | Thailand Teaching Asia - Living and Teaching in Thailand

5. Harry Bean

Thanks,

This sounds like quite a good thing to go to and it should be in the holidays.

6. Harry Bean

My big problem is that stuck in the NE there isn't a lot available. I've asked the faculty of education at Khon Kaen University for example and they just don't do anything in English.

Having said that, theres no harm in asking again.

7. natewill

natewill Active Member

I've used Coursera, Alison, etc, and those have been accepted. Similar to a webinar maybe? I would guess the certificates look the same or thereabouts....