1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Waiver Updates 2016

Discussion in 'Teacher Licensing (TCT)' started by Stamp, 10 Mar 2016.

1. SundayJam

SundayJam Well-Known Member

I'm going for my 6th waiver on a new passport. Wish me luck.

2. GanDoonToonPet

GanDoonToonPet Well-Known Member

Good luck. I think you'll need it, although you did get a fifth!!! :huh

3. portnoy58

portnoy58 Well-Known Member

Good luck Sunday Jam: can someone explain the significance of the new passport in this?

4. bahn_farang

bahn_farang Well-Known Member

It is/used to be the case that the data bases were not sufficient to link old and new passports. Rather irrelevant since the current theme is unrestricted waivers

portnoy58 likes this.
  5. bahn_farang

good luck. if you are trying to improve yourself to a full license then luck should have nothing to do with it.

For me, hate "luck" as it leaves too many things to chance. A luxury I can no longer afford with the responsibility of a family.

professeur and sirchai like this.
  6. sirchai

sirchai Well-Known Member

Khun Stamp, that made me really happy to read your post. I've got a lot of school director friends who do not want to go the "Asian way" anymore.

I had a nice chat with a guy from our educational area xxx office ( all offices have a guy who'
    s working for Khurusapa) and it seems that they now issue provisional ones without a problem when your friends stay at this school.

A little note from your director that he needs them ( him/her) and there's no problem at all.

Just an example: The young bloke without any experience walked out of a job with a 40 + K starting salary, teaching Kindergarten after only one day.

Brand new building, an assistant teacher, plus some Rajhabat students who help you.

I've heard about it two days after I've signed my contract. Would have been nice to work where I'm living with 10 K + per month.

You can't buy experience and most people on this forum here do have what's needed.

Never give up. :go10

7. sirchai

It seems that you haven't been to Sisaket yet.

8. kruhjoe

kruhjoe Well-Known Member

Last Friday I received my 4th waiver, based on the fact that (after 6 years) I still work for the same school and I am also currently attending the Ifugao DipTEd course. So, even if nothing else than that, this course is definitely worth something while you are teaching in Thailand and having to deal with the arrant Khurusapha.:worship

9. Stamp

Stamp Thread Starter Administrator Staff Member

10. GanDoonToonPet

GanDoonToonPet Well-Known Member

So...Compared to the 2015 thread & other associated 'no 3rd waiver' threads, this one is extremely quiet. You would have thought it would have been the opposite with the CC no longer being a vehicle to a 2nd waiver & the only option available being to embark on an costly, both in terms of money & time, post graduate education course. So what's happening guys...?

Are the rules just not being enforced?

Are the positions being filled by teachers from less developed countries like the Philippines or North African Countries?

Is it simply that most are circumventing the TCT by working on tourist, retirement or marriage visas or taking advantage of the new RON backdoor?

Your thoughts...?

Do EPs in Sisaket find it difficult or impossible to fill positions, in order to make a profit?

11. natewill

natewill Active Member

I can't speak for Sisaket, but here in Lampang, we just lost 2 teachers recently, 1 to another local school, and 1 to China? Back to the UK? Nobody knows yet.... But we are desperate for teachers. Although factoring in that the school refuses to pay for any advertising, and otherwise ignores the current teachers' help, maybe it's their fault just as much as there is a shortage of teachers.

I did the hiring for the school up until last year. Every year they told me, "we want female teachers, between the ages of 25-35, with prior experience teaching young learners." But when the school has to do the emailing/interviewing/hiring instead of simply giving me a request list, they take the first warm body that can fog a mirror.

Charging parents for NES, yet hiring non-NES because they were the first to walk through the door...<grumble grumble>

GanDoonToonPet likes this.
  12. Stamp

Stamp Thread Starter Administrator Staff Member

My colleague had previously 2 provisional teaching permits on the name of another school. 6 months before expiration, he changed schools. Immigration didn't require a new provisional teaching permit and gave him an extension of stay for a year. However, Labour gave him a work permit only until expiration of his provisional teaching permit. 3 weeks ago our school applied for his third provisional teaching permit. This week the new provisional teaching permit arrived at school. He hasn't enrolled any DipT or any kind of development course for that matter yet and no degree verification or what so ever was required.

13. sirchai

There aren't too many EP's in Sisaket. But the existing ones could just hire a 21-year-old Scott and give him the title of being a trainer. His mate followed after a short period, the same story and another trainer.

At this big school are only three NES teachers without the needed degrees and about 20 Asian teachers who do have a TL. But it's the only EP in town.

Now I'm talking about a guy who couldn't even make an Air Asia online booking when he's still employed at my former school when he wanted to fly to Bangkok!

When I was asking him what the problem would be to make an online booking, a simple inland flight where you can even pay at a 7 Eleven, his answer was that his mom made "such things" for him before.

His employment ended after only three months teaching grade one in an ordinary class, not an EP set up.

The same guy's teaching computer technology and health now, I'm not joking.

But it seems that the whole Immigration team was being replaced and I saw some dangerous looking Immigration officers, while the "good ones" weren't visible when I did my 90-day form on the 19th this month. Really scary.

Until now the DoL also accepted such a contract being a trainer, which would never work in Ubon Ratchathani ( only 65 km away)

I'll see if one of our Filipinos did get another waiver on Sunday, he's lost his Non-B by not purchasing a re-entry permit and his degree doesn't seem to be a real one. And some other problems with his TOEIC, etc.

I'm afraid the new Immigration team will be more strict and I can be happy that I've almost finished this Dip T Ed to continue being legal.

Last edited: 28 Oct 2016
  14. bahn_farang

Care to share what makes a "good" and which makes a "dangerous" immigration officer?
    As part of my commitment to hold fire until I know exactly where others are coming from:smile

sirchai likes this.
  15. sirchai

The one Immigration officer who gave me a contract from a guy who's working as a trainer at another school as an example of a "good Immigration officer."

A very unfriendly looking Immigration officer who doesn't seem to like foreigners is a dangerous Immigration officer in my eyes.

It seems that the good times where a friendly looking and in English greeting officer did your 90 days TM 47 within a blink of an eye are gone.

I can only hope that the "good ones" come back.

bahn_farang likes this.