1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VIETNAM - after almost 2 months

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Clown, 20 Nov 2014.

1. Clown

Clown Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Hello Teachers!

Are you enjoying the meals in Thailand? I've been fantasizing about pizza, chocolate and would love to read some novels (or buy English-English dictionaries for my students). www.betterworldbooks.com regarded my order of 14 books and about $ 85 as "too risky" to be processed by credit card. :rolleyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4phFYiMGCIY Traffic? While I enjoy fewer red lights (or when there are some, ignore them like the locals), the rudeness of drivers and the low value a human life has is quite shocking. Reckless overtaking despite oncoming traffic? You bet! Get the hell outta my way - or you will be in the morgue. Thinking this is your line and some bus shouldn't be on it? You won't live long with that attitude.

Students work a lot harder and the level of grammar is astonishing by comparison. Alas, they get little opportunity to speak.

Thais need to watch out. Folks are go-getters. They won't take prisoners in business. ASEAN 2015, here we come! Lots of unemployed people with degrees who would kill for a 15,000 Baht job as engineer for example. Am having such a student for 1 on 1 lessons.

People take live chicken home and slaughter them.

And as someone here mentioned, copyright has no meaning and there are indeed countless fake LA VIE water bottles in circulation. Cheap filtered water is sold as premium mineral water...

But if you got a free week, Halong Bay is an okay place to hang out in and they are hiring NES @ $ 1,300. Come with a 3 months Visa if you wonna get a job.

Enjoy all the things Thailand has to offer. From civilized banking to good food. (Today is Teachers' Day and we will go to yet another vietnamese restaurant where they serve the same stuff they cook here during the week. Aarrgghh)

Attached Files:

2. Stamp

Stamp Administrator Staff Member

Cheers, Clown. Thanks for your report. :thumbsup2:

3. NODIIT

NODIIT Well-Known Member

Nice report, love the pics. :thumbsup2: