1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using the Chulalongkorn University Library

Discussion in 'Staffroom' started by bahn_farang, 17 Oct 2016.

1. bahn_farang

bahn_farang Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Does any many have experiences to share regarding the use of the library? One of my students this evening enlightened me to the fact that it was open to the public.

On checking the catalogue, I found that the book I bought pre PGCEi for 2800 baht was held by the library!

Is it easy to use? Do I need to apply in some way?

thank you.

2. Gor Blimey Guvnur!

Gor Blimey Guvnur! What the duck ! Staff Member

Not sure BF if you can take out books but I'm pretty sure you can go into all the libraries on campus. I myself have only used the library for CUSRI research there but I was also a faculty member of CURSI on a temporary basis for 2 years. Lovely day out to stroll around such a nice campus. Just rock up in person and see what goes on.

As for online ... no idea.

bahn_farang likes this.
  3. bahn_farang

Thank you, how about copying facilities?

4. Gor Blimey Guvnur!

Gor Blimey Guvnur! What the duck ! Staff Member

Yes there are. In the library I used you can photocopy what you need ...pretty sure all the libraries would have this. Correct as of 2007 to 2009.

5. ttompatz

ttompatz Just another teacher

You can enter CU libraries as a guest. Just leave your ID at the door and they will give you a guest pass card to get through the electronic gate and into the library.
    You cannot take out books.
    There are copy and print facilities in the library. The cost of copying is 50 satang per page. The cost of binding varies depending on what binding you want to use. Printing is 1 baht per page for B&W.

bahn_farang likes this.
  6. bahn_farang

are there any more libraries of note in the kingdom, I guessing that Chula has the best but for education are there any others to recommend?

7. ttompatz

ttompatz Just another teacher

The library at the Faculty of Education rather than the Central Library? Enter from the 3rd floor of building 2 at the Faculty of Education rather than the main floor. The English stacks are toward the back on the left of the 3rd floor as you walk in. There are separate rooms for Theses and Dissertations (English and Thai) on both the 2nd and 3rd floors.

There is also a library at CULI (Chulalongkorn University Language Institute) that is more focused on TEFL than education in general.

bahn_farang likes this.