1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Useful links to online computer and electronics stores in Thailand

Discussion in 'Computers and Electronics' started by Stamp, 8 Dec 2010.

1. Stamp

Stamp Thread Starter Administrator Staff Member

2. bird

bird Member

403 Forbidden

3. bird

bird Member

^

Why does it say 403 Forbibidden? Clicking on the link takes me directly to the google-translated page . . .

4. Wangsuda

Wangsuda Nonentity Staff Member

I go right to thanni.com. Looks pretty cool!

5. po3try

po3try Guest

works for me bird. :soconfused:

6. Wangsuda

bird, are you losing your geek?

7. bird

bird Member

For me too, po. It's just the strange message . . .
    Nah, just gaining gray hair . . . :verysad:

8. Wangsuda

At least you have hair!

9. damyrm

damyrm Member

10. sirchai

sirchai Well-Known Member

11. Hey_ewe

Hey_ewe Well-Known Member

12. Tonyja

Tonyja Well-Known Member

lazarda is all you need. COD as well in 2-4 days. All the cheap Chinese stuff too.

fred flintstone likes this.
  13. sirchai

sirchai Well-Known Member

I'd agree with a Laverda, but not that stuff. It pops up on my PC and my phone all the time.

14. DavidUSA

DavidUSA την σκαφην σκαφην λεγοντας

It is fun to play with computers in Thailand.

Those small computer shops have a relaxed atmosphere, and the people are more willing to talk and answer questions than they would be, for example, in the States. Also, some tools which are either illegal or underground are readily available. I built two computers in Thailand, from scratch, and it was fun--a good learning experience. I had a repair show where I would hang out and watch them; that was really interesting. Thailand is also a good place to do serious upgrading because the cost of the labor is cheap, and it is also a very good place to buy a cheap computer. Those netbooks at Big-C often go for peanuts, especially the ones with a knock-off Ubuntu OS. Try to buy a new computer that cheap in China. I have not found one yet.

But you must watch out for pirated software. That stuff sometimes has a little surprise inside, one of which I found after days of effort on a Linux terminal, a 30 MB crimeware suite that gave remote terminal access with root privileges. Pirated software might be cheap, but it is not worth the risk.

OEM operating systems for Windows are available all across Thailand--those are one-machine operating systems that cannot be put onto another. They are legit. Just make sure that you purchase the right bit size, 32 or 64. These OEM discs can be interesting because they come in different versions (Professional, Enterprise, etc.) or they are legacy. When it is time to move up a notch to the latest and greatest Windows (which is often just the same stuff if we were to be honest about it), they usually give you a free upgrade. Windows is fun to play with, but I do not recommend it for home use. It is target number one. Just today Wikileaks released another pile of classified material that talks about how easy it is to nab files from Windows. Criminals looks at this stuff that Wikileaks releases, and then it is like Christmas for them. WannaCry is a good example.

From my experience of building computers in Thailand from scratch, I can tell you two things: make sure that your computer is properly grounded, and make sure that those little white gecko critters cannot get inside the case!

https-everywhere.png

Last edited: 2 Jun 2017