1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

US Embassy releases another fun clip for Thai language day

Discussion in 'Thai Language' started by Stamp, 30 Jul 2013.

1. Stamp

Stamp Thread Starter Administrator Staff Member

[video=youtube_share;1nFGYYyVjPU]http://youtu.be/1nFGYYyVjPU[/video]

2. ramses

ramses Well-Known Member

my tax dollar hard at work...

3. bahn_farang

bahn_farang Well-Known Member

Funny as in bizarre ? yes I agree.
    Amusing? not really

ramses likes this.
  4. Jilrob

Jilrob Member

Slightly patronising. Sorry patronizing. But I think I'll ask some of my students their favourite English word. Could be frackin' interesting; if they are engineers.

5. legh

legh New Member

As I live in rayong , loved the last bit!

6. bahn_farang

every year at least 4 students per term try to make me say this twister. 2 terms a year here for 11 years. you do the math. Dull

- - - Updated - - -

and also look someone who can say bangkok - who has the time to learn it. Overstaffed me thinks

7. ramses

ramses Well-Known Member

Budget cuts and sequesters, yet we can over-staff an embassy, and pay a cameraman and editing crew to film these douchebags wasting time.

8. bahn_farang

on a lighter note the general anonymity of the staff is no longer. good or bad you decide. Next time they don't pick up the phone you know what they are doing:angry8:

9. piggy

piggy New Member

At least the Marine teddy bear got some face time! Oorah! Semper Fi :attack:

10. bahn_farang

Yes old boy lets promote the us military. O dear still not getting why the usa is in so many wars/hated by many

11. piggy

piggy New Member

Thanks, bahn_farang...I certainly didn't intend to "promote" the U.S. military but understand how it may have come off that way, especially with the poorly chosen "attack" smiley at the end. I did not mean to offend, but at the same time will always look at the Marine uniform and even a cute little Marine Corps teddy bear with a sense of pride and nostalgia. The Marine Corps experience was a life changer for me and will always be a part of who I am.
    I can't argue with this statement as we do often come off as warmongers...again...the "attack" smiley was a bad choice in retrospect and probably worthy of your sarcasm :)

12. bahn_farang

No sarcasm. You may have pride but on a wider scale it means a lot of different things to a lot of different people. But I thank you for you service. As I have served. The clumsy point i was trying to make was that this is embassy staff. This means the US government saying... hey look at my teddy.. this teddy just killed your mum

13. piggy

piggy New Member

:smile:

You're spot on there. Gotta be more aware of where I'm posting as this type of forum is very different from my Facebook where pretty much everyone who sees my comments and posts are people I choose and people who I know some way or another. This kind of forum I am only familiar with people's names, handles, etc. but not with "who" they really are or their life experiences. It's a good lesson learned (learned/learnt???) for me.

eek! :ashamed:

The interesting thing is the difference in how this video clip was taken between the Thais and the Teachers who have commented on this thread here. A Thai friend of mine (teacher) posted the video clip on Facebook yesterday and almost immediately got 20-30 comments, all pretty much "narak", "so cute", "love it", "ding dong, haha" with absolutely no deeper thought into anything other than seeing farangs speak Thai. Compare to the initial feelings, concerns and way that it has been received here...like you said, bahn_farang, things we do and say mean different things to different people.