1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Two great teaching position for NES teachers...

Discussion in 'Teaching Jobs You Know Of' started by sirchai, 30 Jan 2017.

1. sirchai

sirchai Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Hello and Sawasdee Khrap,

I guess most of you know of these relatively new demonstration schools in quite a few provinces. Here's a position that would be perfect for those who love to teach the very little ones.

The foreigners who work there seem to be okay and it's a brand new facility at the local Rajabhat.

Homeroom Kindergarten Teachers

Full Time Position

Sisaket Rajabhat University Demonstration School
    Si Sa Ket
    At least 40,000 Baht/month

Please contact: robstapes@hotmail.com

Sisaket Rajabhat University Demonstration School requires two English Kindergarten homeroom teachers for the new academic year, starting May 2017. Salary: at least 40,000THB a month

Sisaket Rajabhat University Demonstration School requires two English Kindergarten homeroom teachers for the new academic year, starting May 2017.

The candidates must be native English speakers, with a valid bachelor’s university degree (or higher: PGCE, or a post graduate diploma in Education) and have previous experience teaching in a Kindergarten or Primary School setting.

The salary will be at least 40,000 baht per month, but this may increase based on the candidates past experiences and qualifications.
    The new teachers will be assigned one class for the school year at Kindergarten level 2 or 3. Each class will have a maximum of 25 students and each English teacher will be assisted by a Thai co-teacher, a nanny and University students who will help throughout each day. Each teacher will be responsible for a daily English lesson (50 minutes) and will be expected to fulfil all Homeroom teaching duties and assist/ support students in other subjects such as Art, Physical Education and Music.

This is a brand new school which offers excellent facilities for both students and teachers to fulfil their potential. The school includes well-furnished air conditioned classrooms with a large range of electrical learning/teaching aids. There is a newly built swimming pool, a music room, synthetic grass playing areas, a student library and modern canteen facilities. The new teachers will also have access to the rest of University campus, which includes sports facilities, a library, a hotel, food outlets and meeting/ conference rooms.

We are looking for an enthusiastic and passionate person, who enjoys working in a team and can create a positive and happy school environment for students, teachers, and parents.

Job Requirements:
    • Native English Speaker (Citizen of USA, UK, Australia, New Zealand, Canada and Ireland)
    • A valid Bachelor's Degree
    • TEFL/TESOL certificate or equivalent.
    • Familiarity with Kindergarten curriculum and reporting is an advantage.
    • Experiences in working with early year children or at primary school level in Thailand or back in the candidates native country
    • Ability to establish and maintain good interpersonal relationships with parents, children and teachers
    • Experience teaching phonics to young learners
    • Strong organisational skills and computer literate
    • Passionate in providing care and education for young children
    • Willing to stay with the school for at least 1 academic year
    • Police clearance certificate from your home country
    • References from previous employment which we may contact.
    (The candidate must be able to provide the original certificates for all degrees/ qualifications/courses)

Job Role:
    • Homeroom teacher duties with an assigned class (maximum of 25 students)
    • Provide weekly lesson plans and monthly student progress reports
    • Plan and deliver exciting and practical lessons
    • Attend weekly meetings to monitor students progression
    • Help and assist students across all subjects (English, Music, Art, Swimming etc.)
    • Participate and assist in school functions and extra-curricular activities
    • Help organise and run special including English camps, Christmas, Halloween etc.…

Job Location:
    Sisaket Rajabhat University Demonstration School
    Siskaet Rajabhat University, Muang Sisaket, Sisaket, Thailand 33000

Salary:
    The successful candidate will be paid at least 40,000b per month.
    If the candidate has additional qualifications such as a degree in Education/ PGCE/ Post graduate diploma or vast teaching experience then the salary may be increased.

Benefits:
    • Excellent salary
    • Excellent classroom and sports facilities
    • Small class sizes
    • Opportunity to progress and build a career with the school
    • Assistance with visa, work permit and other necessary documents
    • Social health scheme which offers you any medical treatment if required
    • Paid school holidays and Thai national holidays
    • Paid sick leave each academic year if required

Contract Start Date: May 2017
    Selection process:
    • Email
    • Telephone/Skype conversation
    • Face to face interview

Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.

To apply:

Please email Robstapes@hotmail.com or taiounon@gmail.com with the following:

1. Covering letter.
    2. Detailed curriculum vitae/resume.
    3. Scan of university degree and TEFL certificates.
    4. Photograph taken within last 6 months.

We only reply to candidates who fulfil all the stated requirements and who are native English speakers.

Mr Robert Staples: English Teacher
    Mrs Tai Ounruen: Human Resources- 0610203998

If anybody's interested, please feel free to contact them. Cheers- :thumbs up

2. gungchang

gungchang Well-Known Member

It sounds wonderful - for next year. One nice thing about my convoluted Road to Mongolia (co-starring Bob Hope, Bing Crosby, and Dorothy Lamour) was my pit stop outside of Lampang teaching three levels of anuban. It probably wouldn't hurt that my wife is from Buriram and that I got my license during the TCT TKT daze. Certainly the salary is high for that neck of the woods.

3. sirchai

Lol- I'm pretty certain that they'll give an experienced teacher 45 K starting salary and considering the cost of living, it's way cheaper than Bangkok, or CM.

But the next ocean is exactly 570 km away and teaching Anuban isn't really an easy task.

As far as I remember one of Stamp's posts do these demo schools not fall under the TCT controlled schools and no waiver's needed.

But a teacher's license will, of course, be of great help.

4. Stamp

Stamp Administrator Staff Member

In another thread I wrote that it depends on whether the demo school is a separate entity or a department of the university. If the latter, the TCT requirements don't apply.

sirchai likes this.
  5. sirchai

As it says "Sisaket Rajabhat demonstration school", it seems to be part of the university's facilities.

6. Tonyja

Tonyja Well-Known Member

Looks good..I wouldn't mind 40k in the sticks.

7. sirchai

Then go for it, please....:thumbs up

It's all brand new and always an assistant is great.

8. fred flintstone

fred flintstone Well-Known Member

Nice monthly salary for LOS. Is that a 12 month contract?

9. sirchai

I'm pretty sure that it'a 12 months contract. Just send them your resume and ask what you'd like to know.

Regarding the city, I can give you all information that you need to know.

Or call them: Mrs Tai Ounruen: Human Resources- 0610203998