1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thumbs up for TTA.........

Discussion in 'The Teachers Lounge' started by sirchai, 17 Oct 2016.

1. sirchai

sirchai Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Dear folks,

A heads up for this website. I've decided to stop posting at the other, much bigger one because of following issues:

1. This page is made by teachers and it is for teachers, the other one's only after money.

2. You usually don't see the dumbass posts you can always read when looking for something on the other one.

3. If you really have a concern, you get it answered, usually without the grammar cops statements, for example, that you should capitalize beer.

4. The Mod(s)?) are in no way as bad as the ones on the other forum and I'd like to give you some examples from the net. 52 THAI VISA complaints and reviews @ Pissed Consumer

5. TTA is a multicultural website and nobody would give you the order to wear clogs in a classroom, which might make a few members happy. Or not. Or both./

6. People really seem to care for each other and understand that they finally sit in the same boat, without drilling more holes in the maybe soon sinking boat.

7. You don't have those perverts who are only online to find something/someone to criticize.

8. If you log in with a hangover, it's highly possible that you're not the only one and people give you the needed advice to take two Paracetamol immediately.

9. Here's a FREEDOM od SPEECH which doesn't seem to exist on the other one. One wrong word and you're out and gone for a while.

10. It's even possible to have a thread open longer than two days because people usually think before they type. Well, that doesn't necessarily include me, but who cares.

But you can continue and write some nonsense that later gets deleted by methisalive and his deputies.

11. Not so many " I'm on a 24-year overstay, what should I do? posts".

So please keep on rockin' this website and I'll dedicate my wisdom in computer technology/ soft and hardware that some users soon know how to use the Caps Lock.

G' Day to all. :thumbs up

TTA Flag.jpg

Last edited: 17 Oct 2016
  2. fred flintstone

fred flintstone Well-Known Member

Apples and oranges...this site caters to a niche market, the other place is for anybody with an interest in Thailand.

Pearcider likes this.
  3. Ajarn Somlak

Ajarn Somlak New Member

I like this webpage a lot and hope I can learn from you. Kghop Khun Khap.

A.Somlak

4. gungchang

gungchang Well-Known Member

I wasn't around for the conception and gestation, but I think TTA came about in part because of all the troll shit on AF.

It further focused on being a teaching, not a lifestyle, forum.

In practice, TTA is as much about civil behavior as content.

fred flintstone likes this.
  5. testtaker

testtaker Member

4. The Mod(s)?) are in no way as bad as the ones on the other forum and I'd like to give you some examples from the net. 52 THAI VISA complaints and reviews @ Pissed Consumer

You must have a lot of time on your hands.