1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Thai Police Clearance Service Center - Police Background Check

Discussion in 'Visas and extensions of stay' started by Stamp, 3 Sep 2015.

1. DavidUSA

DavidUSA Well-Known Member

"I know Chiang Mai teachers who have applied via this police office located along the Mae Rim Road close to City Hall in Chiang Mai. It costs 100 THB, they take finger prints, send the forms to Bangkok and you collect a week or two later from the same office in Chiang Mai."

If you are an American, you can stop by the US Consulate in Chiang Mai for the fingerprinting forms and get it all done in that area. That will save you a trip to Bangkok. The US regulation is that the fingerprinting be done by any competent local authority. Make sure they stamp it. This is what you will need to get the FBI records check. And get two copies of the fingerprints done because you might need them (especially if you decide to work in a foreign country ie. China). One copy can go to Big Brother in the US, and one copy is for you to keep.

2. Templeton

Templeton Member

Thanks for the help guys! Much appreciated. I'll let you know his status when it's finalized. I'm sure everyone is waiting for results....