1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Revenue Department

Discussion in 'Tax issues' started by Stamp, 3 Dec 2010.

1. Stamp

Stamp Thread Starter Administrator Staff Member

Personal Income Tax (PIT) is a direct tax levied on income of a person. A person means an individual, an ordinary partnership, a non-juristic body of person and an undivided estate. In general, a person liable to PIT has to compute his tax liability, file tax return and pay tax, if any, accordingly on a calendar year basis.

The website of The Revenue Department can be found here:

http://www.rd.go.th/publish/6045.0.html

2. sirchai

sirchai Well-Known Member

I just came back from the revenue department and it seems that the taxes have been increased.

But they actually did accept the bills from Makro which was a thread not too long ago, where somebody threw in that it wouldn't be for foreigners.

It was arranged by the government that people who buy more goods ( it had to be 15 K in December, but neither alcohol nor cigarettes were included) will pay less to zero tax. Of course depending on their income.

The deal was that you had to buy items for 15 K from the 1st to the 31st of December. I think it helped me to pay 2.5 K less in taxes.

As most of us are married, please ask for a form and fill in your parents in law's SS numbers and let them sign it.

Counts for a good deduction and they're not checking on it if you really help them out financially. Please see attached example.

Without the Makro bill and the parents in law document, my tax would have been around 10 K.

I had an income of 396,000 baht and finally paid 1,735 baht tax.

View attachment 10508

Parents in law form for tax.jpg

Tax 2017_001.png