1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Real Thing Cafe - Bang Na, Sukhumvit 105 (La Salle)

Discussion in 'Wining & Dining in Thailand' started by po3try, 25 May 2012.

1. po3try

po3try Thread Starter Guest

I read about this place on Facebook and decided to try it as I was planning on a takeaway anyway. Their Facebook says they deliver Farang/Western food all around this area. The restaurant is down Suk 105 (La Salle) opposite BKK Pattana school.

I ordered a bacon and cheese burger, (delicious, and came with onion rings :clap:)
    chips and cheese (PROPER chips not french fries. very nice but just a little short on cheese)

and a ham salad sandwich which I will eat 2moro (but looks very nice :smile2:)

The delivery guy had a bit of trouble finding me, and he didn't speak much English on the phone (he was a motorsai taxi) but was very polite when he got here only a few minutes over the time they quoted (30mins). I am now very happily stuffed and will def go there/order again.

(I think it's run by a guy who works at BKK Pattana, but not sure).

Will upload some pics later. but there is some on their Facebook page.

The REAL Thing Cafe - Cafe - Bangkok, Thailand | Facebook

The menu can be found here:

The REAL Thing Cafe - Cafe - Bangkok, Thailand - Résumé | Facebook

2. po3try

* and it was all still nicely hot when it got here so he couldn't have got too lost.

3. bahn_farang

bahn_farang Well-Known Member

AH THE JOYS OF BKK upcountry a delivery is a letter

4. ramses

ramses Well-Known Member

its run by the gf of an international school teacher, but the teacher does not work at pattana

5. po3try

Thanks, ramses. It was very nice and on the way home so I'll be pretty regular there :thumbsup2:

6. Matthew

Matthew Well-Known Member

Look nice. Reminds me (speaking of teachers doing food)- have you heard about/been to this place?

The Red Onion | Facebook

Started up by a friend of a friend...opened for real just as I was leaving unfortunately but word is it's really good.

7. po3try

look nice.. but they need a menu online...

8. Glenn

Glenn New Member

British food in Bang Na!

Just a quick post for anyone who is interested (and enjoys a full English or bacon sarnie) that theres a cool little British cafe opposite Bangkok Patana on La salle. Its got a big umbrella outside and its called The Real Thing Cafe. It was cheap too and they seem to have promotions for teachers, I guess because they're opposite the school! Enjoy!

9. Makaveli

Makaveli aka 2Pac Staff Member

Re: British food in Bang Na!

:worthless:

10. po3try

Re: British food in Bang Na!

It is very nice. I've had the burger a few times, and a bacon sandwich delivered once or twice.. the pies are awesome to keep and reheat later.

Opening times can be a bit random? so best not to get your tastebuds goin until you've ordered. but yeah, nice food.

i had the steak and ale pie for breakfast a while ago.

599597_10151789357450265_261672597_n.jpg

599597_10151789357450265_261672597_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Apr 2015
  11. ramses

ramses Well-Known Member

I have heard that this place has now closed. A pity, it would seem, as the reviews have been quite good for it. The propietor said the reason for closing was that it was too busy. In all my years that is the first time I have heard this to be the reason to close shop. Hopefully he can get something up and running again before long, as I think this type of eatery in this location is a splendid idea.

12. po3try

i gave up very early on as they closed around 6pm during weekdays. a few times i walked in only to be told they were closed. not worth getting my hopes up. I could never be sure if they were open or not.

The food was lovely so I do hope they start again.

13. jimmerff

jimmerff New Member

I went there today and the food was great!!!

14. ramses

ramses Well-Known Member

This is good news... go ahead and pop over to the newbie section jimmerff, introduce yourself, tell where you work, and the like.

btw... what did you have @ the place? how much was it? pics? We know what you think of the food ... how about everything else?

- - - Updated - - -

I am not sure how many threads are on this forum, but I am finding it a bit odd that 2 posters have signed up for this forum, and their first post was to hype this cafe ... the other posted only one other time (glenn - who is/was the proprietor) buggered off and has not been back since...

by all accounts this is/was a nice place (even though opening hours were/are at times sporadic), but why not pop on and say
    "hi, I am the proprietor (or my buddy is the proprietor) of this shop ..."?

honesty would carry you a long way, as there are a fair number of teachers out that way, and feedback could prove to be invaluable... just sayin ...

15. po3try

if i knew when it was open i'd be a regular but not worth getting my hopes up just to find it closed. :(