1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Lhuk Krueng's English skills........

Discussion in 'Classroom' started by sirchai, 8 Nov 2016.

1. sirchai

sirchai Thread Starter Well-Known Member

I guess you all remember how bad the Thai teachers were in their CEFR test not too long ago. It's not my intention to say anything negative about them and I just wanted to share something with you that almost made me fall off my chair in front of the PC in the last session with her.

I'm tutoring the 10-year-old daughter of a Canadian guy on Saturdays, her 10th birthday was three days ago. Her daddy doesn't live here but spends quite a long time in Thailand and they live right around the corner of us.

I just wanted to know how she'd do at the CEFR's website and did the Grammar and Vocabulary level test with her. Please see: Free English Level Test - How good is your English? Which English exam is right for you?

I did help her in form of reading some questions and possible answers, but she had to choose the right answer to the 15 questions by her own.

Her spoken English is really fantastic and I was very surprised when she scored C 2, Mastery level.

Useless to say that I was more than surprised how good her understanding of the English language is, almost like a photographic memory. Of course, a lot of fun to tutor such a bright kid.

I'll try the listening test with her next Saturday and see how she does.

2. sirchai

sirchai Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Great news from daddy. She'll continue her studies in Canada, skipping grade five and starting in grade six.

Her last month here will be March finishing grade four, then off to an English school in Canada. I had no idea about their weird laws that you can't get your kid into an English school when you as the daddy didn't attend one.

Pretty soon she'll be good at three languages and much better chances in her future than she'd have here. She seems to have the brain to make it to a dentist and her self-confidence is unique.

But she's not the only student with great language skills, even in such a "difficult system"in an ordinary class. It's really sad that they just don't help very talented kids from poor families to get into an EP for free.

Merci Boque.

Stamp likes this.
  3. Stamp

Stamp Administrator Staff Member

:chinrub:innocent2:laughing