1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Eagles

Discussion in 'The Music Lounge' started by yesnotankuok, 17 Jan 2014.

1. yesnotankuok

yesnotankuok Thread Starter Member

2. gungchang

gungchang Well-Known Member

I remember where I was when I first heard The Eagles. I was living in the San Francisco Tenderloin district.

Hotel California was popular when I first visited Bangkok. One bar I frequented knew that I was from California, so they played Hotel California every time I entered. (Kind of like Norm Peterson on the TV series Cheers, but instead of calling my name they played Hotel California.)

I hated that fucking song.

3. crew

crew Faber College Member

[video=youtube;h-vwPuiILBc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-vwPuiILBc[/video]

i actually like the eagles.

4. gungchang

I never said I disliked them, and I was intrigued when Joe Walsh joined the band. But hearing that one song all the time got to be rather old rather quickly.

That, and I never understood what it was Hotel California and not Hotel New Jersey or Hotel Nevada, etc.

5. crew

crew Faber College Member

who said you did? :chinrub:

6. gungchang

I inferred it. My boo-boo.

Now that I have eagles on the brain, I keep thinking of Tolkien. Eagles rescued Sam and Frodo from Mt. Doom. Why didn't eagles just take them there in the first place? I read LOTR over forty years ago, and this question has bothered me all this time.

For that matter, in the TV series The Green Hornet, I never understood why he got into fist fights when he had Bruce Lee on the payroll.

Or why did Superman (in the original TV series) jump out of the way every time some one threw a gun at him? His chest could stop a bullet, but not the weapon that fired it?