1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'Thanks', 'Like' and User's Reputation

Discussion in 'Questions & Assistance' started by Stamp, 1 Sep 2013.

1. Stamp

Stamp Thread Starter Administrator Staff Member

In each post members can click the 'like' link on the right. The names of the members that 'liked' the post are displayed in the post together with the TT-icon. The number of times your posts have been liked is visible in your profile on the left of each of your posts.

An other way to show your appreciation is using the 'thanks' button in the footer bar of each post. Under the post a new bar block will appear or has already appeared with the members' user names who thanked the poster for his or her contribution*.

An other way to show appreciation is to click the gray star in the post's footer bar. This is the so called 'user's reputation' button. When clicking that button, members can make a comment. However, that the gray star has been clicked and a comment is added are only visible to the receiver. 'User's reputation' clicks will add to the green bar above the members' avatars. When you hover over it, a kind of funny text will appear about your reputation current status. The number of 'reputation' clicks is limited to 20 on a 24-hours basis. You can only give the same member a new 'reputation' comment after you've given two other members a 'reputation' comment. After each 250 posts you'll receive one reputation point. Each dark green pip in the reputation bar represents 100 reputation points (max 5 pips). Each light green pip represents 200 reputation points (max 5 pips) and each golden pip represents 300 reputation points.

*A 'thanks' click will give you two reputation points.

NODIIT, kardisa, Mati and 1 other person like this.
  2. Mati

Mati Well-Known Member

Thank you Stamp. What is the symbol between the Thanhs and the Star? I just clicked it and nothing happened, hope I didn't throw a spanner in the works ;)

3. Mister T

Mister T Retired, fat and happy

Nothing broken, just means you have bookmarked the post.

4. Mati

Mati Well-Known Member

Thanks mister T, I will now start a collection of gems. I usually break cups and things when I do a swirly turn so I always check and listen for breakages...

I do know the terror that strikes me when I press the ! Button and pray that I don't lose the connection at that crucial point of canceling.