1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thailand Taxable Year 2014. File Your Personal Income Tax before 1 April 2015

Discussion in 'Tax issues' started by Stamp, 4 Feb 2015.

1. Rastus

Rastus Well-Known Member

Did your wife mean don't pay any taxes at all or just don't pay them yet? To me, 'Ya Pung' means 'Wait, don't do it yet'

2. luibkk

luibkk Well-Known Member

I'm in a similar situation. The school I worked for from Jan -Apr last year refuses to send me a statement. I know or believe to know that they are obliged by law to provide this statement for tax purposes. Does anyone know where I can find this particular clause?

3. chuachinsoon

chuachinsoon Well-Known Member

I'm not sure, but the officials at the tax office have reiterated this a few times in my numerous dealings with them. At the least, you could consult them as to what to do in this case, but you'd better have documents to back it up (work permit, visa, etc.).

4. bahn_farang

bahn_farang Well-Known Member

Sorry to ask but.. why?

good advice. bet they don't really care/find a way around the problem

5. luibkk

luibkk Well-Known Member

I don't know for sure but believe I pissed them off by leaving after one year. I had a 12-month contract and the school argued that they will not pay for April if I don't renew my contract. I insisted and they paid.

- - - Updated - - -

My thinking too but I like to know what I'm talking about and where in the law it says so. I don't want to take any BS from their side either.

6. bahn_farang

bahn_farang Well-Known Member

You pissed them off by for-filling all your contractual obligations? a holes

If I were in your position. Send them by registered mail a request (in Thai) asking for exactly what you what. Photocopy the path of delivery, which is available on line Thai Post. Make sure you address it to the school director. Take this evidence after two weeks of inaction to the tax office and ask "What should I do" Displace the problem, you will get a solution.

- - - Updated - - -

all in Thai so you don't get the whole "don't understand" bs

7. spliff

spliff New Member

Did they take take deductions from you pay for tax? If so, perhaps they never paid.

8. Ajarn Greg

Ajarn Greg Well-Known Member

I was one of the lucky one's. My school kept the taxes all the year. I was taxed as single but when I went to the I submitted the marriage certificate and my daughter's birth paper. So got back more than 3k...:smile2:

9. luibkk

luibkk Well-Known Member

They did but they paid my taxes the year before. I don't see why they shouldn't have paid for the last 4 months of the contract.

10. steveolevi

steveolevi Well-Known Member

My school finance office workers could only provide an income statement similar to a W2 from The United States. I was left on my own to calculate and submit taxes. I went to the local Amphur offices (land, revenue, social security complex) and found that the revenue office offers free tax services. I sat down with them and in 15 minutes I was finished. I had to pay a trifle amount and I was given an official receipt. Very pleased.

11. Stamp

Stamp Thread Starter Administrator Staff Member

:thumbsup2:

12. trnwrk

trnwrk Well-Known Member

Does anyone have advice on the advantages and disadvantages of filing a joint return versus a single tax return? This is the first year I/we can claim the marriage exemption.

In years past (before marriage) my wife claimed a taking care of the parent(s) exemption. My wife is a nurse at the government hospital. Contributes to social security as do I.

Any and all advice on this issue is appreciated.

13. Stamp

Stamp Thread Starter Administrator Staff Member

If your wife files separately, the calculation is as if you were single. In that case getting an allowance for her parents isn't applicable.

If you earn lets say 360,000 THB per year the following situation apply:
    single - 5,550 THB
    married spouse file separately - 5,550 THB
    married spouse without income, one parent - 2,550 THB

Below's the link to a tax calculator that might help you to calculate your specific situation.

TISCO Asset Management Co., Ltd.

14. trnwrk

trnwrk Well-Known Member

Thanks Stamp

I'll look at this later and perhaps have a few more questions. And explain my situation better. Thanks again.

15. spliff

spliff New Member

For filing tax online how do you log in? Tax# and PP#???