1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thai Movie Recommendations

Discussion in 'The Movie and Television Lounge' started by Matthew, 5 Dec 2010.

1. Emjay

Emjay Guest

My two favorite Thai films are both from Pen Ek: Last Life in the Universe and Monrak Transistor. I also like Bang Rajan, a taste I apparently share with HM the Queen.

Last Life is the kind of film you can just put on in the background, spark up, and lay back. Again and again.

2. Matthew

Matthew Thread Starter Well-Known Member

^ I need to try that one again. I have it on DVD right here. Cheers.

3. cuey427

cuey427 Member

Sorry OTR,

I've been off the forum for a few days. Did you manage to sort out a place to get hold of his stuff? I think tiredtony was in the process of sorting some of them out, nice one fella! I have the following full length films: Uncle Boonmee, Syndromes and a Century, Tropical Malady and Blissfully Yours. I also have the short prequel to Uncle Boonmee, 'A Letter to Uncle Boonmee'. I do recall the words 'demonoid' and 'torrentz' from when I was seeking them out.

Let me know if I can help.

On another note, I watched the remake of 'Let The Right One In' last night (the original being amazing, the remake renamed 'Let Me In') - very good, most impressed.

4. po3try

po3try Guest

Awesome link. Scored me some points with the GF. :lovetwo:

5. po3try

po3try Guest

6. symbols (♂♀♪♫)

symbols (♂♀♪♫) Member

There is a very cheesy film called "The River Chao Praya".

Good family film.

Two kids from up in the sticks embark on a journey to Bangkok to help their mom who is Ill and can't work. They make a raft and go down the river. They meet all kinds of characters, etc.

Great cinematography in parts.

[​IMG]

7. Harry Bean

Harry Bean Mini driving wizard!

I saw this at the Edinburgh Film Festival about 2006, I think. I really enjoyed it. There are some subbed versions are out there in torrent land. Highly recommended.

Last edited: 17 Aug 2012
  8. slamb

slamb Active Member

9. slamb

slamb Active Member

Iron Sky with Thai dub on Youtube. 720p version available. :smile2:

[video=youtube;4UwtMF1iCRc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4UwtMF1iCRc#![/video]

IMDB

Iron Sky (2012) - IMDb

10. THX 1133

THX 1133 Active Member

"Hom Rong"; just awesome, really; and I've not seen it with subtitles. Just watched it in Thai and understood 90+%.
    Highly, highly recommend this.

11. dave111

dave111 teacher

thanks guys..

some new ones for me here!

I like uncle bomee a lot, love mon rak transistor and liked the first part of that '4 story in one scary movie' a few years ago where the killer kid went to become a monk and turned into a hungry ghost tree!

lido bangkok is closing.. its a shame to show some thai movies too and had a good audience the last few months for films like

mood indigo - french
    pieta - kim ki duk korean
    amour - michael hanneke
    and a few great japanese feel good movies..

hope things like this grow in thailand! shit that challenges the mind and feeds the heart.. real stuff

12. chuachinsoon

chuachinsoon Well-Known Member

I like Mor Jeb (The Extern). It's about a few medical students and their experiences. A bit of seriousness peppered with comedy.

13. bahn_farang

bahn_farang Well-Known Member

when i saw the letter i cried my eyes out and (don't tell the wife) fell in love with Anne Thongprasom