1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Teaching the Thai way, beaten 99 times.

Discussion in 'General News from Thailand' started by Gor Blimey Guvnur!, 26 Dec 2016.

1. Gor Blimey Guvnur!

Gor Blimey Guvnur! Thread Starter What the duck ! Staff Member

Stamp likes this.
  2. Stamp

Stamp Administrator Staff Member

Teacher accused of beating 7-year-old with stick | Bangkok Post: news

Good choice, mother. No settlement! Fire the teacher, revoke her TCT teacher license, strip her from the status of government official and build a criminal case against her.

Wangsuda likes this.
  3. SageAdvice

SageAdvice Well-Known Member

...Not a good example of Thainess: mother should forgive, accept a wai and quickly deposit the cash before her husband and relatives can drink it away...farang will never understand...

4. stfranalum

stfranalum Well-Known Member

50k seems like a poor initial offering though.

"bring on the courts" is begging to add another zero to said number.

and i say that not to hope that there isnt justice, but it is indeed a very common practice. but those lashes on the back. if that were my son, id be raging angry.

5. SageAdvice

Of course: thus the need to delay settling as long as possible to allow the rage to dissipate and the boy's mother and her family to begin the negotiating process amid smiles, wais and a reaffirmation that forgiveness is a major karma boost...if the mother is too strong in her condemnation of the teacher's behavior, she could face a defamation suit.

stfranalum likes this.
  6. stfranalum

Learned a lot you have, um. Married to a Thai you are uhm?

[​IMG]

Strong in the ways of the force this one is.

SageAdvice likes this.
  7. fred flintstone

fred flintstone Well-Known Member

How cold is your blood to to bruise a lil kid like that?

8. SageAdvice

a corollary thought: why were attempts to stop this miscreant so feeble? Where was school admin with a time-out whistle? What cultural imperative is observed by standing back and watching? To my mind, the bystanders are just as guilty as the thrashing perp.

fred flintstone likes this.
  9. fred flintstone

fred flintstone Well-Known Member

Absorutely.

10. stfranalum

and doubtless that this was the first kid who got it like this.

a call for reforrm at that school?

[​IMG]

11. sirchai

sirchai Well-Known Member

The strange part after such a long time in the circus, some people are getting used to see teachers who beat the shit out of little kids.

One of the homeroom teachers was so upset because the kids didn't understand her That test that she hit them so hard a 59-year-old woman couldn't hit harder with her hand on their heads.

The sound was so disgusting that I wanted to stop her, on my way to her the door opened and somebody came inside.

II had to leave school and went home a couple of hours earlier. You don't have to wonder why these kids listen to their ZThai teachers more.

What would anybody of you guys do if that would have been your own flesh and blood? Please be honest.

I'd pay some money to get her a real hard lesson from somebody with a rice sack over her head. Thainess at its best.

12. SageAdvice

Nothing will change, I suspect, until local admins change their attitudes toward corporal punishment. When school directors start publicly shaming and removing teachers for physical assaults, such outrages will quickly become the exception. Shame is an important part of Thainess: it can be harnessed and used for good...

13. Clown

Clown Well-Known Member

That's disgraceful - that woman might be better suited to clobber fish at the market. Breaking skulls might be her idea of BDSM "fun".

Years ago, I witnessed an old teacher beat ALL students in a (difficult M1/6) class. Afterwards, they were uncontrolably bad.

I got beaten up by a teacher. Back then, my parents didn't call the cops. The school's doctor looked at my split lip and heamatoma and another teacher called me at home, using pressure. It was all my fault, of course. :angry3

That teacher was a weirdo. He made us walk bare foot in the snow... David Wolfe - This Is How You Keep Kids Healthy Siberian... | Facebook Nudity at the kindergarten might not go down well either :laughing5

14. stfranalum

the only harnessing shame will do will harness one to a defamation suit.

15. bahn_farang

bahn_farang Well-Known Member

Where did the event take place, I've tried to find any other article on this. How many others were there? Did the event take place at some sort of assembly? Who were the bystanders?