1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

teaching diploma. St Theresa international university

Discussion in 'Qualifications & Courses' started by thaicbr, 15 Jan 2015.

1. natewill

natewill Active Member

I have emailed them twice asking about clarification on having to physically attend their campus. No reply so far. So obviously St Theresa is definitely a Thai school.

Mister T likes this.
  2. Yannick

Yannick New Member

Hi there,
    I want to get a Thai teacher licence.
    By attending this course will it be possible?
    I'm a French teacher and I teach French. I'm a bit worried this course is going to be to hard for me.
    Any previous experience of teachers attending, passing and getting the Thai teacher licence?
    Thanks!

3. Stamp

Stamp Administrator Staff Member

:welcome2

This course is accredited by The Teachers' Council of Thailand. Other courses can be found below.

IFUGAO State University - Diploma in Teaching | Thailand Teaching Asia - Living and Teaching in Thailand

UniTEFL Certficate in Professional Teaching | Thailand Teaching Asia - Living and Teaching in Thailand

Nottingham PGCEi or IFUGAO State University | Thailand Teaching Asia - Living and Teaching in Thailand

Yannick likes this.
  4. Yannick

Yannick New Member

Thanks Stamp!
    I would actually prefer a place where I can physically go (in Bkk, on Saturdays only)

Stamp likes this.
  5. Stamp

In that case, St. Theresa is your best choice. AFAIK, it's the only one that offers F2F-classes.

Yannick likes this.
  6. portnoy58

portnoy58 Well-Known Member

There was at least one French guy on the Nottingham PGCEi this year and as far as I know he's doing fine. He spoke English with a very strong French accent à la Inspector Clouseau, but that's not really important because he was perfectly comprehensible; all your submissions and assessed work will be in English though when it comes to doing things like lesson reviews and the research project you'd probably have to translate into English. Crikey I speak with a discernible Scottish accent and there's some who wouldn't have me in their school because of this! There were certainly a fair few non-NES teachers on the course so being a French French teacher won't disqualify you. Judging from your brief post your English is top notch - you'll just need to adapt it for academic purposes. Bonne chance comme on dit en Écosse!

Stamp and Yannick like this.
  7. Yannick

Yannick New Member

Merci!!
    Honestly my son is still very young and I want to spend a maximum of time with him. I just started working in a modest international school and just heard about this teaching licence thing...I don't really have the time and courage to study but I do need to secure my job and career in Thailand.
    Without being discriminatory or offensive, the St. Theresa degree seems easier than PGCEi, right?
    Cheers,

8. portnoy58

portnoy58 Well-Known Member

Yannick is your future in Thailand or elsewhere? When your son is bigger what would you want him to do in terms of his education? Stay in Thailand or what? If you see your future entirely in Thailand then St Theresa's or IFUGAO is good enough; if you want a qualification that crosses borders and has a reasonable international reputation then go for the PGCEi or equivalent - it will enable you to teach in a range of countries whereas the first mentioned tickets don't really travel. I couldn't say if the PGCEi is more difficult or not. It's much more flexible in that after a four day course in Bangkok everything else is online whereas the other options require attendance over a period of time. Others are better qualified to judge on the academic merits of each course.

bahn_farang and Yannick like this.
  9. Stamp

Fully agree.

10. Yannick

Yannick New Member

Yes, my future is in Thailand, I will go for this course.
    Any other members attended it?
    Cheers,

11. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

I am attending the IFUGAO course. Its um....its...well, it gets the job done and I have learnt some stuff. Its been used by others to get the teaching licence before....no watertight guarantees that it will do it future but its a pretty good bet. The fact to face classes are....interesting. Its very doable while you are working. I am satisfied with it.

12. Yannick

Yannick New Member

the the IFUGAO course is face to face? what days is it on? Do they have a valid phone number???
    thanks

Last edited: 16 Sep 2015
  13. Stamp

14. Yannick

Yannick New Member

Thanks, but still unable to call them...

15. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

There is a face to face class each month. After the class you need to go away and do your own study/work. The face classes generally seem to last about 6 hours.