1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TCT Non Accredited uni

Discussion in 'Teacher Licensing (TCT)' started by Kratuzov, 25 Dec 2016.

1. Kratuzov

Kratuzov Thread Starter New Member

Greetings everyone!
    I am new in here so I hope I will not make a mess immediately!
    I am sorry if it was mentioned anywhere, but whole day today I am trying to come up with some solution or idea, even browsed few pages behind in here and have not found anything recent. All post about this topic are back from 2013, 2014 and 2015.
    So, I found page of TCT about accredited universities, and as mentioned by many members a lot of uni are not on this list, along with mine.
    So my question is (based on similar topics from 2014 or 2015), is there a way around this 15 years out-dated page of evaluation of diplomas? My Uni is accredited in my country, its on many pages along with UNESCO etc etc. I can get any document needed from my Uni even from my government stating that my uni is OK.
    Is it possible in this case? Will TCT even evaluate my application or it will be disbanded immediately?
    Thank you in advance. Adam.

2. bahn_farang

bahn_farang Well-Known Member

Welcome Adam

3. ttompatz

ttompatz Just another teacher

You will need to have your degree authenticated by your embassy then confirmed by the Thai ministry of foreign affairs as being acceptable for use in Thailand.
    If the degree and transcripts of academic record are not in Thai or English then they will also need to be officially translated to Thai before they can be used.

4. Stamp

Stamp Administrator Staff Member

:welcome2

The Teachers' Council of Thailand uses the Thai national accreditation system of the Office of Civil Service Commission (OCSC). Their system is outdated.
    Lists of accredited universities by the Office of the Civil Service Commission OCSC | Thailand Teaching Asia - Living and Teaching in Thailand
    The same applies to the Dutch Bachelor degree of a friend of mine.
    My friend's application for a provisional teaching oermit was rejected.
    It's worth the try but I don't believe in the TCT's willingness to have a look into it other than looking at the OCSC's list.

5. Kratuzov

Hey thank you for quick response. Stamp, did your friend tried superlegalisation way also? I remember there was similar problem for my chinese work visa, that they didnt recognized my diploma but as long as it was superlegalized, meaning stamp from Uni, then stamp from Ministry of Education then stamp from Court, then stamp from Ministry of Foreign Afairs and last but not least stamp from Chinese Embassy and send to China. This way they recognized. Dunno if it can work in here. What way your friend took?

6. Stamp

Nope. However, I contacted the Dutch Embassy with the complaint that the OCSC is not recognising the 'Bologna Process 1999'.

Bologna Process - Wikipedia

Below is the description of the changes for The Netherlands.

Bologna Process - Wikipedia

On behalf of the Dutch Embassy in Thailand I've been contacted by the director of Nuffic.

Nuffic - Wikipedia

Nuffic absolutely agreed that the OCSC's database is outdated probable going back to 1992. However, the message was that it's every countries' sovereign decision to accredit or not accredit foreign education. Nothing the Nuffic on behalf of the Dutch Embassy could do about it.

7. Kratuzov

I am sorry for your friend. But not all is lost! I am trying to find a way around and right now writing with English speaking person in TCT (Impossible to find ENG speaking persons there) and awaiting response about superlegalization. I guess this might be THE way.

Stamp likes this.
  8. Stamp

Keep us posted.

9. Kratuzov

So, just got answer from TCT. So as long as we can provide translated transcript accompanied by document from government stating true status of our study, in that case we dont need to have university in their database. So no mention of diploma, just transcript which is strange in my point of view but whatever. Its possible.

Stamp likes this.
  10. Stamp

Good to hear. Keep us posted how your accreditation process is going.