1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Srivikorn School, Sukumvit

Discussion in 'Schools you want to talk about' started by po3try, 10 Jan 2011.

1. pathumseb

pathumseb New Member

London, but back in Thailand on Thursday. Just trying line up some interviews.
    It's for a G3 homeroom and I rather worried about teaching math. Never done that!

2. losing_touch

losing_touch Member

^^ Gotcha. Best of luck to you on the interview. I am sure you will be just fine. Skype interviews have always been strange for me. I wouldn't worry too much about the math. I'm sure you will be able to brush up on your third grade math. How difficult can it be? Multiplication?

3. pathumseb

pathumseb New Member

Thanks! Yeah, think it should be an OK interview. Biggest motivation is to become a homeroom teacher at the moment. Seems like it would add more feathers to my bow and be a lot of fun in the process despite the extra workload

4. ramses

ramses Well-Known Member

Best of luck with it. Don't forget the watch, tie, and bespoke shirt, and post it up on the appropriate threads... hell the g-string too if that's your thing.

5. po3try

po3try Well-Known Member

g3 ep? my old kids! (from g2).

the classes are split into 3 groups, ep has a farang homeroom teacher AND a thai homeroom teacher. plus eng, math, sci, social, health, art and computers in english. ip (intensive program) has a foreign teacher fo eng, math, sci and cc (child centred) is all thai.

20 odd kids per class, mostly thai with the odd luk krung and maybe a korean and a foreign kid stuck in for good measure.

they follow the ipc (international primary curriculum) so i guess g3 would be milestone 2/3

days are long 7:40-4:30 but extra classes are available afterschool which pumps the $$$ up a bit. and when u have to be there anyway u might as well.

when i left they were putting in smartboads in all ep classes

the thai staff are really nice, as long as u pull your weight. the farang staff i know that are still there are cool, but thats like..2.

is TZ interviewing you? or the guy?

the school is right inbetweem prakanong and ekkamai bts so well easy to get too, plus theres a shopping centre right next door for a subway sandwich at lunchtime...

approx 23 lessons a week all with workbooks but lots of freedom as a homeroom teacher as long as it looks educational and you fget far into the book by the end of the year.

lots of paperwork but after the first year its easy. just keep on top of it. i still have tons of old planning of mine and ex teachers you can look at if u get it.

- - - Updated - - -

oh, and the owner (srivikorn family) are big into politics and the school was targeted by the opposition. cant remember which side they fell on. blew a lot f whistles recently.

they aso own gaysorn plaza and have a stake in reading fc.

6. pathumseb

pathumseb New Member

Yup, they guy. Seems the same as my old place but not in the middle of nowhere:celebrate::celebrate:
    Would love to take a look at all your old stuff. Paperwork,eh? Guess that is something to keep all up to date on!
    Cheers for all that info, it's a massive help!
    Just has a thought: What are apartments like in the area? Peng mak? I am prepared to commute with in reason

7. po3try

po3try Well-Known Member

pretty steep if you want to be right near school but if u can bts it then you might as well head towards onnut/udom suk for cheaper places.

8. peecao

peecao www.ratchaphruek.ac.th

I worked there for a year. Great school! Enjoyed every day. I especially liked the free buffet style lunches and cleanliness.
    I highly recommend it.

9. Tommo_Farang

Tommo_Farang New Member

Whats the pay like there? Went past it and it looked good.

10. po3try

po3try Well-Known Member

it's closing in 2017 as St Andrews International School have bought the land. They're probably more likely downsizing rather than hiring.

11. Cal Roy

Cal Roy Well-Known Member

I will check them out.

12. GanDoonToonPet

GanDoonToonPet Well-Known Member

I don't think SA have bought the land but they are relocating from their Suk campus due to lack of space. Not exactly sure of the details but 99% sure it's a transfer not a new branch. :yes

There will be no intake in G1, G4, G7 or G10 this year so they are downsizing. They've cancelled the contract with the agency but all direct hire teachers are getting their contracts renewed. :thumbs up

Even more good news for the teachers that are staying is that there will be no summer school this year, due to construction, so they'll get a longer summer holiday. :smiling

They were originally going to close in March 2017, which meant this year's G10s wouldn't graduate, but they've relented & are somehow going to run the 2 schools in tandem.

Last edited: 2 Mar 2016