1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spring Airlines is having a Huge Sale

Discussion in 'Travel' started by DavidUSA, 11 Jul 2016.

1. DavidUSA

DavidUSA Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Cheap flights, airline tickets, find and book cheap flight online-Spring Airlines

Spring Airlines, which has a good safety record, is having a huge sale. It started today, and I was on it like phonics. It will last for a few more days.

They have a lot of cheap flights from Thailand into China (and back). I just bought tickets to fly from Shanghai to Tokyo (Ibaraki) for $116 round trip. They really have some good deals.

2. sirchai

sirchai Well-Known Member

Do they have airbags? :ashamed

3. DavidUSA

• 61.5 USD One way. >>> You'll be too happy to want an airbag.

SpringSaver Includes:
      • Limited Ultra-discount Fare (No refunds or changes permitted.)

• Baggage Allowance 15KG (includes 1x 5kg Carry-on Bag)

• Carry-on bag limit: 5kg (No larger than 20x30x40cm)
      Spring (A320) Airport construction / fuel tax: 73.4 USD P1 Class (Fare details)

2016-09-12Monday

01:30Bangkok(Suvarnabhumi)

06:40CHANGZHOU(Benniu)

Total 155.3 USD
    Details (1 Passenger)
    1 Adult
    61.5 USD
    Taxes (Total)
    73.4 USD
    Other tax (Total)
    20.4 USD

The cost is only $155 round trip. I did not even look much. You can find tickets better than this one if you put in some effort. They fly to Chiang Mai too.

sirchai likes this.
  4. sirchai

Sounds really good. Thanks for sharing. When will you come back home?

5. DavidUSA

Not sure. I have decided that, in Thailand, I will only work as a special instructor to a university. Once in a while I can teach a class on some specific topic such as legal English or English for medical personnel. Other than that I am going to work over the internet, and I am going to build a classroom in my house and cut out the middleman.

Spring Air makes it easy to go back and forth between Thailand and China. I am very glad they have a good safety rating. I am sorry to say this, but all of the Thai carriers are dodgy, every single one of them.

Spring Air flies to Chiang Mai too!!

sirchai likes this.
  6. gungchang

gungchang Well-Known Member

If only they flew to Baotou . . .

7. sirchai

Are you there with your Thai wife, or are you not married? I was really thinking about lecturing German at a Chinese university, but I think I'm too used to have my wife who helps me with everything.

And that's not just the sexual part. I've met plenty of sexy Chinese teachers in Thailand, many of them were much better in English than the Thai teachers and the Filipinos.

And I've heard that some of them are seeking a whitish guy. How's that for you, if I may ask you?

Thanks a lot in advance.

8. DavidUSA

I want to encourage you to lecture in German in China because there are so many good jobs available. China is highly organized. They make it easy for a foreign expert to bring his or her spouse. My wife has her residence permit. It was easy.

I accept that they, the Chinese, understand English (whatever that means) better than I do. If I am in the same room as a few dozen 300 Watt bulbs, I keep my head down. With the kids I spill my guts (that means to speak proper English without making shortcuts, to share what I have learned in a condensed form, to give them something I have worked for). I try to help them and develop them as much as I can, which is a challenge sometimes.

Chinese companies like to have a foreigner onboard. It gives them cache. It also has to do with regulations because certain kinds of companies are required to have a foreigner on the staff.

Last edited: 12 Jul 2016
    sirchai likes this.
  9. sirchai

Thanks, really sounds very interesting. But I might be too old being already 56.

Do they have age restrictions?

I'd been in touch with a university for a while. But I'll still have to finish my Dip Ed via Ifugao.

But considering that I can do all online, without face 2 face lessons, there might be ways. I'll try to connect where I stopped.

I really appreciate your knowledge about Chine and thank you for all.

10. DavidUSA

Sometimes there are age restrictions, but
    Sometimes there are age restrictions, but even these may not be kept. If you are under 60, you can get a job in China.

The way to make a good salary in China is to work in a big city such as Shenzhen, Shanghai, Xian, or Beijing. The pay can be high for extra classes. How high? Is 3000 Baht an hour high to you? Normal rates are 1,050 Baht an hour. Specialty classes are paid at a higher rate. People with strong credentials can write their own ticket. I just a job that pays around 3,000 Baht an hour--if you graduated from Harvard or Yale, etc.

sirchai likes this.
  11. bahn_farang

bahn_farang Well-Known Member

Looking to use Spring Air for a sneaky christmas visit to Disney Shanghai, is Christmas a busy time in China? The cost of the Disney Hotels isn't totally out of my price range and the 10k direct flight from Chiang Mai looks good. The only thing I don't want to do is travel all that way to wait in lines.

12. DavidUSA

Christmas is a good time to travel, but late January is not. I would call Disney and ask them if the place is going to be packed or not at Christmas. My guess is that it is good time to go.