1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some Goodies thru an Accidental Restore...

Discussion in 'Computers and Electronics' started by sirchai, 14 Jan 2017.

1. sirchai

sirchai Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Sawasdee khrap,

I thought it's worth to share my little accident with you guys to give you the opportunity to have a genuine W 10 Pro system.

What happened:
    I accidentally used a restore partition on an external drive with Macrium for my PC at home that's got a-64 bit system and ended up having my notebook's 32-bit version on my PC, fully functional. (I had the notebook backed up on the same external drive.)

Drivers etc were automatically updated and the system was genuine with a digital signature, including all the updates until December, the 15th.

I've tried that again on purpose on my son's new PC and used a backup of my PC even when the PC's were totally different with completely different software and hardware.

What you can get out of it:

Let's say you are running a W 7 system on a PC and would like to update/upgrade. Download the free Macrium backup and restore program and install it on the PC.

Then take any back up from a genuine and digitally signed back up and put it on your PC, no matter what programs are on.

It doesn't matter what programs are on your W 7 PC/notebook because you're going for a new installation of Windows 10 Pro after that and you won't need a CD key.

Just press " I don't have a key when you make a fresh installation and you'll see that your system will be genuine. I only found that out by accident and it works well.

Please feel free to send me a message if you encounter any problems. Cheers-

Here's Macrium the free version: Macrium Reflect Free

Last edited: 14 Jan 2017