1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Smokeless

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Stamp, 9 Aug 2014.

1. Stamp

Stamp Thread Starter Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

And nicotineless since 30 July 2014.

2. gungchang

gungchang Well-Known Member

knock.jpeg
    knock.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Apr 2015
  3. P Chang

P Chang Smooth Operator

Congrats! I smoked regularly for a little over two decades. How did you kick the habit? Cold turkey? Downsized over time?

I had three surgeries and was on some strong medication for a long period of time. The meds kept from from doing much of anything, especially going outside to smoke. It's been roughly a year now and during that time I've lost weight and cut down drastically on my alcohol intake as well. I've heard quitting smoking can sometimes lead to weight gain and an increase in alcohol intake, so I was surprised by my result.

However, I don't know if I'm going to be able to stick with it when I get back to Thailand. Seems every other person there smokes, so I may be tempted to light back up. Have you had the urge to smoke when you're around others who smoke? Have you tried, or thought about trying, those electronic cigarettes? I'm wondering if those may help.

4. Stamp

Stamp Thread Starter Administrator Staff Member

Used Nicorette 2mg gum to care care of withdrawal symptoms. Later on I changed to the much cheaper Nicomild 2 mg. Cheap because it's a Thai product. At the end of last month I stopped with the gum. Since I stopped I did gain weight. I think about 10 %. I feel I'm now at a point to exercise, change diet and lose weight.

According to people I know, it definitely works. Below's a link to the number 1 forum of Thailand.

Thailand Vapers Forum

5. gungchang

gungchang Well-Known Member

Hang in there!

I will not go into my mother's habit again. Just trust me on this one: You both have good heads on your shoulders, balls to back up those brains, and are so totally doing the smart thing.

If your friends are a threat, find new friends. Problem solved.

Me? Nicotine, no. Pretty much everything else imaginable, yes.

medium_SeussBat.png

medium_SeussBat.png

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Apr 2015
  6. bahn_farang

bahn_farang Well-Known Member

still remember that great post

Go for it guys! good luck