1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sine Education review

Discussion in 'Schools you want to talk about' started by Farang_Ba, 7 Apr 2014.

1. NODIIT

NODIIT Well-Known Member

I completely with your last paragraph agree and I thank you for your review.

2. luibkk

luibkk Well-Known Member

Here's my two cents to Sine. I've worked for them for just one month years back. I didn't like the job and gave notice during my probationary period. The company wanted their expenses for my work permit back as it was stated in my contract. I paid them back. They also wanted to impose a fine for cancelling the contract. There was a clause in their contract form about this which I luckily had crossed out in both contract copies, theirs and mine. Of course, I refused and left the company and the school with no further problems.

Sine was founded by a teacher of one of the prestigious high schools in Bangkok; a school I had worked for before and returned to after leaving Sine. This teacher told me that her brother was appointed MD as she as a government official wasn't allowed to own her own company but I think she actually ran the company in the background.

Mackie and Rastus like this.
  3. Farang_Ba

Farang_Ba Thread Starter Active Member

Hi All, sorry about my OP. I haven't been on TT in awhile, so even now I feel I was too harsh and whinged a lot in my OP. Anyhow, now that I've calmed down, I can give a more reasoned evaluation. Looking back, Sine wasn't awful, but I was upset at the lack of espirit-de-corps that was common in the company. It seemed soulless and the MD and HR department didn't seem to care enough about issues that arose within the company. I appreciate that they paid on time and did help with getting the WP, so those were pluses. I was disappointed in them for not being responsive to teacher needs or only caring about themselves and selling out their teachers if it meant renewing the contract. My original rant about the camp's hotel rental should have been clarified. They double spoke and said they would pay for both nights, then the second night they claimed they never said it and we were on our own. My other whinge is that they expected teachers to innovate and make the program better, but no one in the company ever took initiative to do it themselves. Also, their supervisory staff was at times quite unprofessional (one man in particular).

Okay, I admit, looking back on my OP, I deserved the comments such as "Thank God for Sine now that HE's gone!" (i.e. me) and "Sine must've been happy to see the backside of him" (again, i.e. Me). I came off as a whinger and was probably too sophomoric in my comments. Also, if I recall correctly, that night I had a few brews in me, so my stupidity reigned supreme when I came on here to do a "hatchet job." I should have been more balanced and less rabid. Thus, I'm usually a decent person, so sorry again about my "rabid attack dog" OP.

testtaker likes this.
  4. Rastus

Rastus Well-Known Member

Farang_Ba, I believe that your old school no longer uses the SINE agency to recruit teachers.

5. Farang_Ba

(Tilts head back and starts laughing loudly) BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

6. Farang_Ba

Apply if you want, they'd be desperate enough to hire you! ;-)

- - - Updated - - -

7. testtaker

testtaker New Member

A pattern has formed where it seems that poster's who have the word Farang in their username all seem to share the same kind of problems.

8. NODIIT

NODIIT Well-Known Member

Been green and rough outside and white and sweet inside?

:smile2:

9. bahn_farang

bahn_farang Well-Known Member

quality posting:clap:. If you desire this forum to slide into a slagging off forum much like the others then you are doing a fine job. Personal attacks are never pretty and have no place on TT imho

- - - Updated - - -

:confused:

10. testtaker

testtaker New Member

I rest my case :hilarious:

11. bahn_farang

bahn_farang Well-Known Member

:coffeetime: So about the Sine Education Review.....

- - - Updated - - -

My apologies if I have offended you test taker. No reason for me to hold a grudge since I have no idea what i did to promote your comment. I wish you and your family all the best. Have a great term break.