1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Several job offers in China...

Discussion in 'Teaching Jobs You Know Of' started by sirchai, 28 Dec 2016.

1. testtaker

testtaker New Member

Confucius say, "One who gets job offer at crystal ball company will make a fortune."

2. DavidUSA

DavidUSA Well-Known Member

-there are a lot of good teaching jobs in China China Expat | Expat China|外国人网|Guides to 41 Chinese cities - eChinacities.com
    -don't cancel your work permit before you apply for the Z visa
    -try to deal directly with the school, but this is not absolutely necessary
    -coming to China and working without a Z visa is risking arrest and deportation
    -make sure your company or school has permission to hire foreign teachers
    -negotiating is normal in China; you can ask for things that are not in your initial offer
    -the greatest number of hours you can work per week is 26 according to Chinese law
    -many teachers make more money teaching on the side than they do from their salary: especially in Beijing, Shanghai, Hangzhou, and Guangzhou
    -you must be aware of the average air pollution level of the place you are headed; some places are awful; do some research
    -most schools treat people fairly, but some jobs are rip-offs: especially when a bad recruiter is involved
    -know that the requirements for employment vary by province
    -once you arrive to China go directly to the local police office and register
    -if you leave China make sure to register with the local police the day you return (or in a hotel's police registration system)
    -China does not actually block the internet completely. They allow you to use a VPN if you want.
    -make sure to ask if you will get paid for long vacations in the summer and winter
    -China makes it easy for you to bring your spouse (His/her residence permit will cost 800 Yuan for one year)
    -there is no reason to accept a job making less than 10,000 Yuan a month after taxes... because there are so many jobs
    -you should be offered free housing (or a stipend, or money for housing included in your salary) and a bonus (usually a flight home at the end of your contract)
    -determine if you want to teach in a training school, public school, teach adults, specialize (IELTS, etc.), or teach little kids.
    -if you go to a school and you are their first foreign teacher, then be ready for the VIP treatment.
    -China has national and provincial awards for foreign teachers who do a exemplary job. One guy I know won a big honor, a medal in fact, and it came with a red envelope stuffed with cash. They want you to be here.
    -an important point is that your prospective school should have someone whose job it is to help you out upon arrival--and who knows all about the visa and residence permit process, and that you are in touch with this person prior to arrival
    -China also has jobs for teaching French or German (native speakers)

-if you want a job teaching English in China I can guarantee you one at my school in Huai'an right now. Write me.

I have been here for exactly one year. I enjoy a genuine, work-oriented, friendly atmosphere at my school, high standards all around. Treated with respect.

Last edited: 3 Jan 2017
    sirchai likes this.
  3. sirchai

sirchai Thread Starter Well-Known Member

He must be pretty old by now. I prefer this one: Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.