1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Several job offers in China...

Discussion in 'Teaching Jobs You Know Of' started by sirchai, 28 Dec 2016.

1. sirchai

sirchai Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Here's one offer for a position in China. I always receive quite a lot job offers because I've signed up at a particular website and receive plenty of them. Mods, please let me know if these offers are really wanted on TTA.

New Job Offer 264953 from China
    SA
    SeriousTeachers Job Alerts

English(Native speakers), Economics, Math, Biology
    China (All over China)

• 15000 CNY
    • Requisites: Bachelors’ degree related to the subject
    • Fields of Expertise: ESL/EFL, High School, Science, Math/Physics, English, Biology, Chemistry,ICT,Economics
    Details:
    Positions available for two locations in Daqing, Heilongjiang province.
    Looking for experienced and dedicated
    teachers for the following positions who are looking for a career and not a job.
    English(Native speakers), Math, Physics,
    Biology, Economics, Business and Information Communication and Technology (ICT)
    Salary: 15,000 – 25,000 RMB/Month (No Tax)
    Benefits: Free visa, insurance, accommodation on campus, airfare reimbursement and
    paid holidays.
    Workload: 40 hours each week with a maximum of 20 of those hours being in class, two
    days off each week + holidays.
    2 years teaching experience and degree held in area of teaching, teaching certificate,
    must be familiar with A-level and IGCSE curriculum or similar (IB, SAT, etc.)
    If interested please send CV, recent photo to us .

2. stfranalum

stfranalum Well-Known Member

thats not shabby (the max salary that is)

as per what people write, negotiation is common there. if so, pushing that even higher might result in quite a tasty offer.

3. portnoy58

portnoy58 Well-Known Member

If my geography is correct you'd be close to the Russian border so it's likely to be freezing there and depending on the local industry, heavily polluted. However if you can tolerate the freezing cold and possible pollution it's a good salary even at the bottom end as the cost of living is likely to be pretty cheap locally. However you'll be far away from civilisation ...!

sirchai likes this.
  4. Hey_ewe

Hey_ewe Well-Known Member

Out of pure curiosity, I googled the place and it does get pretty cold. The average temperature in winter is -18c and can get as low as -39c so pack some thermals. It's an industrial city based heavily on the oil industry. The pictures I found look pretty dull, it’s and industrial city in NE China so perhaps not too surprising. On the up side, the cost of living is cheap in China or so I’m told and I’m guessing this place would be on the lower end of the scale, so maybe a good opportunity to save some money. It sounds like they want someone for the long haul too.

5. Wangsuda

Wangsuda Nonentity Staff Member

Inner Mongolia to the west, Russia to the north and east, and Manchuria to the south. I'm definitely in on this one!

sirchai likes this.
  6. Internationalteacher

Internationalteacher Well-Known Member

There are thousands of jobs like the op posted in China at the moment. Get on serious teachers and you will get many ads like the above. Depends on your salary expectations and standards, but be careful about language mills and the salary posted. I've heard that sometimes they post salaries that are higher than they actually give. Contact the person (recruiter) directly to find out more. There are many recruiters who post on serious teachers (if that is the site you are talking about).

PeterEFL likes this.
  7. Tonyja

Tonyja Well-Known Member

Why would anyone want to go there to work?
    It's not a job offer, it's a vacancy.

Last edited: 3 Jan 2017
    testtaker likes this.
  8. gungchang

gungchang Well-Known Member

It's a change from the tropics.
    It's an opportunity to experience how 1/4 to 1/3 of the world communicates.

I don't even know what the required alphabet soup means, and then there's my age, and I don't know if they'd accept my Thai license. I won't be applying when my contract ends next year. But, it would certainly appeal to others.

9. Wangsuda

Wangsuda Nonentity Staff Member

For a change of scenery. For a chance to try something new. For the money. If one is qualified, the international schools in China pay a bit better than their counterparts in Thailand.

10. testtaker

testtaker Member

Take it easy on him. English is not his first language.

Last edited: 3 Jan 2017
  11. sirchai

Was that really necessary? Please read the part on top, it's a job offer.

12. Tonyja

Tonyja Well-Known Member

I mean there specifically, not China..someone living here 10 years+ wanting to up sticks and move to a freezing, barren (enter word here)
    After watching 'Our Guy in China' it certainly looks like the future for English teaching, for everything in fact. But at least somewhere along the Yangzee.

13. Tonyja

Tonyja Well-Known Member

There is a job on offer. It's not a job offer.

14. sirchai

Thanks, Tony. I'm really not in the mood splitting hairs. Cheers.-

stfranalum likes this.
  15. Tonyja

Tonyja Well-Known Member

One's getting a new job and one's hearing about a vacancy..not a very fine hair.
    :innocent