1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Secondary NES English-Health Teacher - 60,000 Baht Start date - flexible

Discussion in 'Teaching Jobs You Know Of' started by sirchai, 17 Oct 2016.

1. sirchai

sirchai Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Mati likes this.
  2. bahn_farang

bahn_farang Well-Known Member

Sirchai, is this the same school you talk about on frequent posts?

3. sirchai

Of course not.

4. NODIIT

NODIIT Well-Known Member

I was offered an interview there many years ago, in a middle of a teaching-week with a very short notice. I ask for it to be rescheduled on the next Friday, for convenience, but it never happened.
    If you apply, be ready to take a plane the very next day.

Mati and sirchai like this.
  5. sirchai

What's your opinion regarding the place?

Free tuition when you've got kids is already a huge bonus.

Mati likes this.
  6. sirchai

An American friend who's got two kids in the EP of a questionable EP programme at a primary school in the lower northeast has to pay for the full package.

Not one baht cheaper and this guy works there for over ten years and is basically holding all together. The school's aware of his missing credentials, but they need him.

Most of the experienced NES teachers are from Asia and make about a third, sorry, maybe half of what they pay to the three degree -less NES.

All Asians have a valid TL and maybe a real degree, but none of the NES teachers have either a degree or a teacher's license. Not even a degree in babysitting. That's in the EP, the ordinary program is taken over by a very questionable agency.

But they usually change the agencies every two years and I guess all of us who're here longer than two years know how that works with the bribes to get in.

Then you can listen to NES teachers from Kazakhstan, Turkey, Germany, Ex- East block countries, etc...in the outside program and not too many are really from English speaking countries. But they try to act like real teachers.

Money rules the system.

Last edited: 17 Oct 2016
  7. NODIIT

NODIIT Well-Known Member

I have none as I couldn't go but yesterday I was looking at the ad again and thinking that I may apply there the day I want to move closer to the beach :rolleye.

Like you I am quite wary of EP program in Thailand. I think it's hugely overrated given the ratio fee/services the students get but this school is definitely one of the best EP around.

Free tuition is a strong bonus for sure.

8. Ajarn Greg

Ajarn Greg Well-Known Member

When they put and ad means that they want to cover the position yesterday... They have contacted me once to arrange an interview with them and when I replied,"Let me arrange it according to my current job obligations", they had run away without a reply...