1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roast Coffee & Eatery Thong Lor

Discussion in 'Wining & Dining in Thailand' started by po3try, 7 Jul 2013.

1. po3try

po3try Thread Starter Guest

https://www.facebook.com/roastbkk

Walked in to find a packed house, we chose to sit outside.

First thing was that a SMALL singha beer was 140 baht. I'd love to hear how they can justify that. food was priced OK, I was very excited over the 'Toad in the Hole' which might not mean much to any non-British but for me that was awesome, but they haven't had it for ages apparently when i pointed at it on the menu.

Put a sticker or something over it then for fucks sake. so i ordered the cheeseburger and wifey ordered the duck. both came out some time apart obv.

my cheeseburger was shit. small, the bun was pretty rank and the onion came in its own little bowl so i had to add it myself. the chips (all 7 of them) were laced with something that took all taste of potato out and the meat burger was average at most. apparently, and i find it hard to believe, the duck was OK.

so after 2 meals, 1 strawberry smoothie and 2 small singhas we paid approx 1500bht to eat in a place with zero atmosphere and crappy food. plus the 50 baht an hour parking...

we also went to Brews Beers and Ciders as it's in the same place. this has been my holy grail for quite a while 'cos if you visit their facebook they have huge amounts of beer available. https://www.facebook.com/brewbkk?fref=ts

well the menu that I was given was very limited and lacked anything of interest. i decided on an apple cider, 220bht on the menu. so plus all the crap that they hide turned into 280ish bht for 1 small drink. add to that the fact the waiter bought my drink and the bill at the same time it didn't encourage me to try any more.

Won't visit either again.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Beerosophy in Bang Na does the beer bar 3000 times better.

2. bahn_farang

bahn_farang Well-Known Member

when you going again?:hilarious::hilarious: