1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RIP AF

Discussion in 'The Teachers Lounge' started by gungchang, 9 Oct 2016.

1. gungchang

gungchang Thread Starter Well-Known Member

AF.jpg This was unexpected.

Clown and Stamp like this.
  2. Stamp

Stamp Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for the heads up, gungchang.

3. gungchang

gungchang Thread Starter Well-Known Member

If all the AF posters migrate to TTA, it's going to look like a zombie apocalypse.

Last edited: 10 Oct 2016
  4. Stamp

They won't. AF was a life-style forum for a chat, general news and banter. TTA focuses on the teaching profession in Thailand.

5. fred flintstone

fred flintstone Well-Known Member

6. Stamp

Has AF really stopped being online or was it hacked?

7. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

I am not surprised. I gave up on that forum years ago. This is why we need to keep at least one (this one) forum directly related to teaching here OPEN! The lack or trolling here is refreshing. No one minds playful banter and even heated discussion but deliberate trolling in thread after thread gets tiresome.

Lets keep this forum going.....and well done to the owners/moderators of THIS forum for keeping it relevant/user friendly and all the other good stuff that I cant think of. I come here for INFORMATION mostly and perhaps some gossip.....

Anyway, I am going to continue enjoying my holiday...

sirchai, class controller and Stamp like this.
  8. Stamp

:thumbs up

Last day at school - then vacation until 27 October | Thailand Teaching Asia - Living and Teaching in Thailand

9. Gor Blimey Guvnur!

Gor Blimey Guvnur! What the duck ! Staff Member

Time for the big wave
    :welcome2
    LMAO
    :porky:runaround:cursing

10. class controller

class controller New Member

I had been a member there since the board started (not under this name though.) It served me well both in the early years when job hunting then later as a great recruitment site.

Great banter and thought provoking comments and good advice for newbies and others too.

Sad to say, in the last few years there it became a hate fest snake pit donated by a small hard core of posters. They and I am sure many of you here know who they are... I do hope they do not appear here with their toxic hate filled posts

I say they are the ones responsible for the death of an old cyber servant and cyber friend.

11. Buoyant

Buoyant Member

I have yet to see any intel on what actually happened. It's interesting that people continue to grind their old axes in speculation. I don't think trolling shut down a forum. In that case it would have been shut down a very long time ago. Some legal difficulty seems much more likely. Hasn't that caused the destruction of several other Thailand forums?

It was what it was. Alas, now look what we're left with. :- (

12. fred flintstone

fred flintstone Well-Known Member

It was a business, my guess; Louis wasn't making enough money to make it worth his time.

If it's not making money no sense in making the effort.

....or there's some legal-anti-defamation problems going on. Either way he's just cutting his losses.

I'm just wondering where I'll find a link to watch live streaming college football games now

happynz and paull like this.
  13. paull

paull New Member

^ Yes, fred, I agree. That forum was hardly short of trolls or even hackers at any time since 2004. No doubt Louis looked at the figures and pulled the plug. He could have given a more fulsome valedictory sign off message though, the one posted was curt to put it mildly.

happynz likes this.
  14. po3try

po3try Well-Known Member

LDMA posted on his Facebook group that he had shut it down. No public reasons were given though I do hear the forum had gotten him into some trouble in the past..

15. Stamp

The domain expires in June 2017. Guess so will his hosting. He has not put the forum or its domain for sale so I guess he must have had some very urgent reasons to shut it down that quickly.