1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Requisite Remaining Passport Pages?

Discussion in 'Travel' started by DigitalGypsy, 13 Sep 2015.

1. DigitalGypsy

DigitalGypsy Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Hi,

I'm flying out of Thailand next month for a few days and I'm wondering if there's any regulations regarding remaining passport pages? Is there a required amount of free pages to ensure safe passage and return? (I work here and have a permit/proper visa etc. so I'll just be getting a re-entry stamp).

At present I have between 7-9 free pages. I'm undecided on the exact number as one has a tiny punch hole in it from a previous departure card on the other side, and the other has the corner of a visa stamp from the opposite page jutting into it, thanks to some idiot.

How fussy are they with things like this?

I've also noticed that the first visa page is always skipped as an option (the one that stands alone with no opposing page at the start of passport). Is there a reason for this?

Should I take my work permit with me?

I don't want to take any risks and end up stopped on my return. Especially after what's happened recently...

DG

2. bahn_farang

bahn_farang Well-Known Member

Sorry I can not be more help regarding the pages, would suggest you contact your embassy for solid advice.

This is to be carried at all times, so it goes without saying that you need to take it.

The reentry stamp is a page in itself.

If you are American then would recommend adding pages before the ceasing of this service at the end of the year.

The lower costs and less hassle of doing a passport whilst in country of birth makes it worthwhile to spend a morning of precious home visit time at the relevant authorities.

Safe travels and sorry I couldn't be more help

3. ttompatz

ttompatz Just another teacher

The re-entry stamp will use up a page. The visa (if needed for the other country) will use up a page. Exit and entry stamps will be on the 3rd.

That is more than enough.

Not particularly (I assume the holes you refer to are from a staple and not a hole punch (a means often used for cancellation of a passport)).

That page is usually for amendments or left blank.

If you are flying it is not an issue. In and out multiple times (conventions, seminars and business trips) and I have never been asked for the WP.

4. bahn_farang

bahn_farang Well-Known Member

Right now the letter of the law is being followed. would suggest you double check with the relevant authorities or regret it later
    neither have I. I still carry it as required by law