1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Replacing a stolen I-pad

Discussion in 'Computers and Electronics' started by Clown, 19 Sep 2016.

1. Clown

Clown Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Mine was stolen at a bank. Opening a savings account was bloody tedious, taking way longer than half an hour. I'd just received the WP...

Bought a Thinkpad X230 without a battery for $ 142 on Ebay.com and will add a Kingston 120 GB SSD from Amazon for $ 40 and 16 GB RAM for $ 64. It has a sim card slot so I'm hopeful to get to use mobile internet soon.

Plan B: a Huawai mobile hot spot device for $ 40.

Am missing the I-Pad and wonder if you would replace it? No more photos! :huh

IMG_2662.JPG

2. Stamp

Stamp Administrator Staff Member

I had an iPhone 3GS, an iPhone 4S and an iPhone 5. I also have an iPhone 5S but can't jailbreak it so gave it to my wife. Last July a friend gave me an iPad 3rd generation. I am so incredibly happy with it and am sure this will not be my first and last one. What I did with my iPhones and now do with my iPad is using LINE, FB, Whatsapp, Tapatalk (forums), websites, pdf-reader and games.

Clown likes this.
  3. Clown

Clown Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Well, I've tried to get some I-Phones in this auction: iPhone 4 8GB and 4S 16GB Bundle All Unlocked at T Consumer Cellular | eBay
    but my $ 142 bid was too low. They were sold @ $ 147.50.

The I-Pad's back. When I asked, the member of staff made me "wait a minute" but failed to ask around. Got it back the following day. But then the ERASE command had kicked in. (These little machines do go online without someone entering the PIN code. Just saying).

I was quite upset, but then the ICloud restored the photos a few days later :thumbs up

I need another I-Pad with cellular.

Thanks, Stamp! :agreed