1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Renewing the TCT teacher license early

Discussion in 'Teacher Licensing (TCT)' started by gungchang, 5 Jan 2017.

1. gungchang

gungchang Thread Starter Well-Known Member

:offtopic
    but not too far off . . .

I'm going to be in town for a week. My license hasn't expired, but I'm thinking of renewing it early, very early. I don't plan to teach until I'm 70, and there may be a limit on age at the time of renewal, so maybe sooner is better.

My professional development is the CELTA.

Has anybody done it early? Is there a restriction on when one can renew? Do I need to be employed in Thailand at the time?

Any other pearls of wisdom for a senile old phart will be appreciated.

2. Stamp

Stamp Administrator Staff Member

I haven't heard about a limitation of age for the TCT teacher license.
    It has to be done at least 180 days before expiration.

The official rules are still -

In regards to the Qualification Declaration the following is written in the Notification of the Teachers’ Council of Thailand Board Re : Qualification Requirements for Education Professional License Renewal B.E. 2552(2009). AFAIK these rules still apply.

(3) Having a performance in compliance with the standards of performance. There shall be self-developed activities or other various activities which are beneficial to learning and teaching, learning management, educational and institutional management, organizational management, as well as useful activities for education of not less than three activities in five years, since the issued date of License according to the following particulars:
    (3.1) Attendance in an educational profession courses to obtain additional qualifications.
    (3.2) Having participated in training courses and received certificates that shows an expertise in professional practice from the Teachers’ Council of Thailand.
    (3.3) Having taken training courses relevant to the performance of duty. 06/08/52 2
    (3.4) Having obtained an academic standing promotion or being in the process of the evaluation to obtain an academic standing promotion.
    (3.5) Being a resource training person on useful topics about learning management or educational management.
    (3.6) Writing textbooks, articles or academic reports which are beneficial to learning management or educational management.
    (3.7) Creating innovation used in learning management or educational management. (3.8) Doing research studies on useful issues for learning management or educational management.
    (3.9) Having been awarded or obtained rewards from the Teachers’ Council of Thailand and other educational agency (3.10) Having attended the lecture, discussion, conference, workshop, seminar or any meeting which the registration of attendance can be shown.
    (3.11) Having participated in a study tour or training course on topics of the professional practices both domestic and aboard.
    (3.12) Completing academic works or any activities which are beneficial to learning management or educational management. Performance framework under Clause 1(3) should comply with those specified by the Secretariat Office of the Teachers’ Council of Thailand.

3. Wangsuda

Wangsuda Nonentity Staff Member

I did mine 4-5 months early. Nary a problem. Renewal went smoothly. The renewal card is a different color too. It's bright yellow.

4. Stamp

5. gungchang

gungchang Thread Starter Well-Known Member

I do not have a non-im B visa.

2. Copy of all pages of passport, the present NON-B Visa in particular

Perhaps a non-im O will fly, but not until 2018.

Thank you for the intel.

6. mike123_ca

mike123_ca Active Member

7. Stamp

An extension based on being a spouse (non-O) of a Thai national will also do. Around 2012, the non-O became regarded as equivalent in the provisional teaching permit rules so it will also apply to teacher license renewals.

gungchang likes this.
  8. mike123_ca

mike123_ca Active Member

The official rules are still -

Requirement

Hold Bachelor’s degree in other fields + teaching experience of not less than 5 years

If I don't have a teacher's license or a degree in Education, but I have been with the same Thai High School for the previous 6 years would I be able to make an application to apply for my teaching license?

Last edited: 6 Jan 2017