1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rebuilding the Indian

Discussion in 'The Library' started by Gor Blimey Guvnur!, 10 Jun 2012.

1. Gor Blimey Guvnur!

Gor Blimey Guvnur! Thread Starter What the duck ! Staff Member

I just read this book by Fred Haefele. Published in 1998 by Riverhead books.

It sets itself up as a book somewhere along the lines of that book ..err... you know the one .... "Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenence" .... but ...from memory ... I find some to compare, but little (However I read Zen and the Art many years ago ...err maybe 25 years lol, and my state of mind was a 'litten' different then lol)

However ... here's a taster, but this taster is a personal note and I can feel the 'Zen' factor in this as I have built a couple of motorcycle engines myself (and along with biker friends of course) and the anticipation of that first fire is truely ZEN Jing Jing !!!. (P182)

A nice read that can done be cover to cover in an afternoon:thumbsup2:

2. Gor Blimey Guvnur!

Ahh ..found an old photo of a 'Zen moment' motorcycle
    ...nope, not a V-twin ....a Z1000H1 fuel injection ...err two of em! :happy1: in my garage oh so long ago
    ZN.jpg
    One nearest ..total rebuild and dragged out 2 weeks later at sub 11 sec. quarter mile (10.79 sec):thumbsup2: not bad for an old 1980 basically stock kwacker:happy1:

ZN.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Apr 2015
  3. Meanjin

Meanjin Active Member

Checked out the Amazon page. The book looks good, and yes, quite Zenny, except for his anxiety about the outcome.
    Maybe hard to get from Amazon, as you have to go through one of their suppliers, and the suppliers don't like sending to Thailand. Barnes and Noble might be better (they often are).

4. Gor Blimey Guvnur!

No free online copies out there MJ ?

The book was given to me when I was in Blighty recently ... good luck finding a copy here:thumbsup2:

5. Meanjin

Meanjin Active Member