1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Q: Teachers w/ 5yr Thai License..

Discussion in 'Teacher Licensing (TCT)' started by muppetminder, 14 Jan 2017.

1. muppetminder

muppetminder Thread Starter Active Member

I have a question for person/s with a 5yr Thai license.

When you apply for work, do you need to file anything with the TCT to start or does the school simply make a copy and you are off and running (visa aside)?

Does your license always show up on the website? I presume the school calls and verifies - question different from needing to file or recv paperwork from them.

The license is good for five years and you can change jobs as much as you require per your salary needs and working conditions?

Under what terms is the provisional two year license granted and what needs to be done to get the five year license?

Finally, is your pp# on your license and whaddyado if you chg your pp?

Many thanks

2. Stamp

Stamp Administrator Staff Member

When applying for work, there is nothing the school or you have to do in regards to permission to work. At both Immigration and Labour you have to submit copies of your teacher license and the teacher license certificate. That's good for getting the extension and the work permit.
    I think it does. However, currently my old teacher license is still in the database of 'teacher licenses' while my new one is still in 'renewals'. My old one expired on 26 November 2016 and my new one became valid from that moment.

The school doesn't have to do a thing as you gave them copies of the teacher license card and certificate.
    Yup. The only 'condition' is that you development has to take place (if applicable) in OBEC schools.
    There are reports that the TCT does not give more than 2. When staying at the same school not more than 3. However, in my province I know of a mate who got his 4th and a mate who changed schools and got his 3rd.
    Graduate from a graduate diploma course in teaching and subsequently sit the Thai language, culture and ethics course. Several members on Thailand Teaching are sitting or sat the IFUGOA course. Only 1 year and about 55,000 THB.
    Your passport number is not on your license but it might be used as ID in the databases. Changing passports seem to be recognised in the database as long as you don't change your name.

Last edited: 14 Jan 2017
    muppetminder and Wangsuda like this.
  3. muppetminder

Thank you for all that information.

I've been trying to access this thread for a few days. The website is crazy slow.

One final question/s, if you might.

The teacher with four waivers, was the fourth at same school as his third?

Is the teacher a solid teacher or just run of the mill sort that just found a school that really needed a teacher and he was right place, right time?

The school in which he teaches, any national recognition or perhaps regionally?

I doubt his paperwork was a shambles as they gave him #4 but would you happen to have any idea how well he had his documents sorted?

Thanks

4. Stamp

Stamp Administrator Staff Member

Same as his 1st, 2nd and 3rd.
    Solid teacher. Working at the school since 2006 or so.
    It's a secondary school and has regional and national recognition.
    His documents were accompanied by the Thai HOD.

I hope this helped.

muppetminder likes this.
  5. muppetminder

Yes, thank you.