1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Q&A: Vaping (AKA e-cigarettes)

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by tiredtony, 9 Sep 2013.

1. tiredtony

tiredtony Thread Starter Well-Known Member

don't e-cigarettes f@ck you up just as much? According to new sh1t out recently?

2. Makaveli

Makaveli aka 2Pac Staff Member

Re: I stopped drinking alcohol. Not that I want to but I have to.

LOL
    IF you believe everything you read then yes mate...:wink2:
    They (you know who..lol..the big cig companies and the people who are losing taxes) aren't going to say how good e cigs are..:wink2:

3. Gor Blimey Guvnur!

Gor Blimey Guvnur! What the duck ! Staff Member

However, E fags are better than real fags me thinks (but please decide yourself) ...yes, you still have nicotine and still chemicals involved to make it vape but real fags have more nasty carcinogenic chemicals in them IMO.

Wikimedia Error

A scary list but then:

FDA warns that electronic cigarettes contain carcinogens, toxic chemicals | Healio Mobile

I reckon the harm is less with an E fag versus real fag but then harm is still being done.

Knock these on the head too if you can Maka:thumbsup2:

Anyway, back on topic, hope creams work for you Stamp but if as you pointed out in the original post .....stop drinking and it gets better ...start drinking again and it gets worse ...then there's the cause/effect for you and so maybe the doc is right. Could also try drinking something other than, eh hem, nasty so called Thai whiskey ...could be that alone and not exactly alcohol per-se causing the problem ... or try real imported whiskey ...or good old beer. You are not an excesive drinker Stamp (or so I believe) but could also try cutting back too.

I like a drink:drinking: and even more so since quitting smoking and E-fags too ...would hate not to be able to have a beer of a weekend, but then that's me.

Chok dii Mr. Stamp:thai wai:

Stamp likes this.
  4. Makaveli

Nicotine is not dangerous, neither are the other things in e cigs
    Also the zero nic juice is just that, zero nicotine
    Many of these people who don't understand about e cigs need to watch some of these episodes to get 'educated' on the subject in hand
    Vape Team - YouTube

For what reason?
    It isn't dangerous, it's enjoyable, you get every sensation of smoking but without the dangerous, and I have always enjoyed smoking but not killing myself...
    I have no intention of stopping something which I really enjoy doing unless clinical proof comes out that it is either going to kill me the same way as cigarettes do or that I am going to grow 3 heads or somthing:smile2:

Mati likes this.
  5. Makaveli

Please educated me in what way harm is being done?

6. Makaveli

You don't need nicotine to create the vapur as many people vape zero nicotine juice, you need either a mixture of propylene glycol (PG) or vegetable glycerin (VG) or both
    Propylene Glycol vs. Vegetable Glycerin E-Liquid | E-Cigarette Reviews and Rankings

7. Makaveli

btw, that link is 4 years old
    The FDA have been doing these same tricks for years, nearly every month in the USA they try to pass something reading this is the courts, and each and every time there are a huge group of vapers there with lawyers who have been working with them for many years to help stop these legislations...

While I agree the long term testing of vapign still is a long way from being finished, the testing which has been done show no signs of harm with e cigarettes.
    Yet it is proven time and time again that smoking normal cigs which are full of proven harmful chemicals and tar are one of the main causes of cancer, which kills people, now do they ban these? Are these proven cancer sticks still available to buy?, the answer is yes.

The FDA in the USA is just ignoring or not willing to find out the real things involved with vaping, or in the back pocket of the multi billion dollar business of traditional cigarette companies.

8. Makaveli

If you'd like to learn more about what I am talking about and get a little more educated in regard to vaping and e cigarettes take a little time a watch some of these.
    You don't have to watch all the episode but the parts where they actually pull apart all the legislations and such, and how they clearly and simply explain about what this is all about;
    VPLive Vape Team Episode #64: Legislative Attack - YouTube

VPLive Vape Team Episode #77: The Greek-Free Edition - YouTube

VPLive Vape Team Episode #71: Update from the Eurozone - YouTube

VPLive Vape Team Episode #68: Refilling the FDA - YouTube

Mati likes this.
  9. bahn_farang

bahn_farang Well-Known Member

If you enjoy doing it then go for it. I drink vodka knowing that it is bad for my health. I make that decision. Smoke real fags if you want to (as long as it doesn't interfere with my air. Do what you like knowing that everything has a risk to it. One day some guy is going to say that this or that is bad for you! What should we do?

I'm sorry Mak I'm cheating on my homework to post so quick question - does it still smell really bad?

10. tiredtony

How long's this been on the market then?

Long term effects?

Why not just stop? I haven't smoked a ciggy in 2 months. Easy.

It has be bad for you. It has to be. If it's enjoyable it has to f@ck you up.

I bet you 1554 virtual cash they find something out within a year and they suddenly have to ban it.:cool:

- - - Updated - - -

And i like the new post wizard Macca.. :clap:

Just throw something in there and... bam!

11. Makaveli

well over 5 years

none

depends on which flavour you vape, i enjoy a lot of sweet flavours, so it smells like a candy shop, sometimes fruit flavours so it smells like a fruit shop....

Mati likes this.
  12. slamb

slamb Active Member

It seems that the evidence is flawed either way. Sorry, a bit of a read. :smile2:

E-cigarettes: The growing popularity of an unregulated drug delivery device « Science-Based Medicine

Mati likes this.
  13. Makaveli

There are always going to be this vs that, watch some of the You Tube videos I posted, they kinda put it into 'real' words so to speak.

14. tiredtony

that's not long term effects length

Everything I've ever read, which isn't much i grant you, says they don't really know what's in them.

That's what I would be worried about if i was hooked on them, cos i can't see how they help you give up..

9 Terribly Disturbing Things About Electronic Cigarettes

15. Makaveli

Who is 'hooked' on them? It's something which someone 'enjoys' doing, or it is for me, if I wanted to stop I could but I don't as I enjoy doing it.

Give up what? Smoking? if that is what you mean then it has helped me give up smoking as I don't smoke anymore:wink2:
    And again, if i wanted to stop vaping I could, but i don't so i don't.
    :wink2:

LOL
    What an utter total crap list that is...

As for this persona of 'Electronic Cigarette' thing, not one of my many 'personal vapour' devices resemble the looks of a cigarette, a cigarette contains tobacco and tar and such like, my 'personal vapour' device doesn't.
    So as per see I actually don't own or use an electronic cigarette but own and use a personal vapourising device.

Which is a clean way to deliver nicotine into your body over using cigarettes, or not to deliver nicotine if you vape zero nic juice.

Now does nicotine give you cancer...lol..
    No it doesn't.
    Does smoking give you cancer..
    No it doesn't but the chemicals and tar and so forth in traditional cigarettes accelerate the cancerous cells in each and everyone at a huge rate thus the cancer thing.

but everyone's body does this differently, this is why there are the few who can live a long and healthy life even though they smoked all their life, but this is only a small percentage.

Mati and Wangsuda like this.