1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Primary NES teacher Korat

Discussion in 'Teaching Jobs You Know Of' started by Hey_ewe, 2 Nov 2016.

1. Hey_ewe

Hey_ewe Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Native English speaking teacher - Korat/Nakhon Ratchasima - immediate start
    English Program
    Salary 35k a month
    Paid holidays
    Health insurance
    Aircon classrooms
    IP board and projector in every classroom
    Maximum 34 students
    Thai co teacher

Subjects taught: English, maths and PE
    18 hours a week

A good very well established EP, bright enthusiastic students with plenty of opportunities for private tuition classes. This is a great place to teach, most of the teachers have been here for a long time.

If you're interested PM me a CV, scanned copies of passport, degree, transcripts and any other revelant qualifications. Sorry Native English speakers only please.

2. Gor Blimey Guvnur!

Gor Blimey Guvnur! What the duck ! Staff Member

Ok standard start salary, but oooh aircon, 34 students max and TA , technology in house and 18 hours tops. Sounds good Hey Ewe. GL finding a good applicant.

Hey_ewe likes this.
  3. Hey_ewe

The salary goes up 1000 a year after the second year. You could quite easily double your salary with a few evening classes.

There's purpose built science lab, maths lab, computer room, music room, library and meeting room. These are specifically for the use of the English program.

Each teacher has their own desk, computer and printer in their classroom.

There's a coffee room with free coffee, where teachers can sit and have chat when they have free time.

Last edited: 2 Nov 2016
    Gor Blimey Guvnur! likes this.
  4. sirchai

sirchai Well-Known Member

Sounds too good to me after 2.5 years setting up an EP completely alone, having 3 more contact hours and 2 K less per month. Of course no Thai co- teacher.

I never had a pay raise and keep all the machines I upgraded to W 10, running.

Any other job next May can't be worse than the one I'm doing right now.

The promised "experienced NES teachers" at my current school never made it to an interview. They just gave me another class which is insane.

It's not just about a good teacher, the new teacher must also fit in the existing team.

Good luck finding the right guy, I also do/did the hiring for them and my two former schools and know how difficult it is to find good teachers.

Hey_ewe likes this.
  5. Hey_ewe

We have a really good team of 11 foreign teachers in our program. A mix of nationalities and ages ranging from 30-50. There are approx 40 foreign teachers in the whole school. it’s pretty hard work but it is rewarding too, as I mentioned before, the private work is well paid and not in short supply, once you’ve settled in. We work hard but we have a good laugh too, everyone gets their job done, no one is over the top and we always find a special moment in the day to take the piss out of each other.

It’s not really great timing but a recently hired teacher left over the October holidays and didn’t tell the school until yesterday, right after payday :hilarious

Hopefully we’ll get someone decent who’ll stay long term. We’ve got a vested interest in finding someone because until the school appoints a new teacher, we’ll be picking up a few extra hours to cover the teaching load! :cursing

Quite a few people in the program have put the word out already through various channels and the school want to hire ASAP, so speed is of the essence.

sirchai likes this.
  6. sirchai

sirchai Well-Known Member

I'll message you immediately, should a good guy I know well be interested. And I won't send you trash.

I've got my own way to check people out and I think I'm pretty good in "reading people."

Cheers-

Hey_ewe likes this.
  7. GanDoonToonPet

GanDoonToonPet Well-Known Member

I hope you're getting paid for the extra hours, from the money the school is saving...

8. Hey_ewe

Yes, we usually get paid an hourly rate for any hours we cover for long term sickness etc. hopefully they'll appoint someone quickly. I believe they're going to hire an agency teacher until the end of the year and then hire someone long term for the start of the next academic year.