1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

President Trump

Discussion in 'General News from other countries' started by gungchang, 9 Nov 2016.

1. Internationalteacher

Internationalteacher Well-Known Member

True, Trump won because of the electoral votes. Hillary won the popular vote. I don't think the dust has settled... looking at the riots in Oregon for the second night. GL US indeed.

'Professional protesters' riot over Trump's election, attacking bystanders and vandalizing cars, property | Fox News

2. DavidUSA

DavidUSA την σκαφην σκαφην λεγοντας

In 2000 Al Gore had over 500,000 more popular votes than G.W. Bush, but Gore lost. So this disconnect is nothing new.

No matter which way you cut it, this election for President of the USA is a seismic event. Elites in New York were pooping their pants, but now they just figured out how to get even more filthy rich. The party is on. Given a loosening of regulatory rules for banking, don't try to book a massage in New York anytime soon, all lines are busy and a customer care representative will be with you shortly.

The whole point of this election was that white people stood up and said enough is enough: multi-kulti sounds nice, folks just like us, the chums together--but it is all buffalo hockey pucks. American became more violent and more divided as the champions of multi-kulti droned on. To be brutally frank, most white people do not want the US to turn brown, black, Hispanic, or Muslim. That is why this election has been seismic: the unspeakable truth has come out into the open. Not only that, whitey is winning. The crackers are having their hour in the sun after eight years of watching Obama play golf on Martha's Vineyard.

The most important point is this: Obama and Clinton were lost in the sauce on US foreign policy, just as lost as G.W. Bush and his gang. Russia is particularly important (Oppenheimer? Hello... operator?), and one gets the feeling that Obomber and Lady Macbeth were going for the big prize: lead the US in a gigantic war. Glory! Legendary intensity, Lincoln-like depths, FDR again, Tarawa, Chateau-Thierry, Eisenhower, the Great Obama, the Depend Undergarment, self-flushing toilets in every home, and warm smiles as those jokers are leaving and the world is going to become safer--our world, the real place we live every day--because Donald Trump is not a clown. He knows to shake Putin's hand and keep it off the button (By the way, GW Bush, for all his weaknesses, at least knew how to treat Putin). Moreover, Trump is not going to push Russia into a corner and try to make things hard for them. Such actions are foolish in the extreme and show the utter lack of concern for peace that are the hallmarks of what has gone wrong for the last 16 years.

3. sirchai

sirchai Well-Known Member

David, after a couple of chats with old American friends, I really changed my mind. It seems to be a lot of bs propaganda that doesn't seem to be true.

I hope that he'll do his best for his folks, all the former "leaders" weren't more than muppets. And having the Clinton clan again with all their dead bodies under the carpets would be more than a nightmare. Cheers.-

4. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

I posted that on another forum. I think he puts forward some good points and he is NOT a Trump supporter. I personally think that Clinton was so corrupt that he was the best of a bad choice. I hope he settles and sets a reasonable course for the future of America. Calling every Trump voter RACISTS and SEXIST is just ridiculous. Young pampered college kids need to get a grip. They are simply doing what they warned everyone the Trump supporters would do if they lost. They simply look like sore losers and worse, hypocrites! Trump is a bit of a dick, I think we can all see that but he is now the President and his 'dickery' may be tempered......lets hope.

5. Internationalteacher

Internationalteacher Well-Known Member

Yup, that is exactly what happened, and we will just have to see how Trump does. Based on how he acted during the election, with his being anti Islam, sexist, and inclusive, etc. I can't see how this will help him. Trying to build a wall with Mexico and Canada is ludicrous and I'd like to see him try. I'm just glad I don't live there, but unfortunately Canadians always feel the effects of what happens in the U.S, considering they are our neighbors and a huge trading partner.

6. gungchang

gungchang Thread Starter Well-Known Member

I predicted his victory, something about the incumbent having served two terms and the opposition being in somewhat the same boat as sitting vice president. I think a candidate who isn't a cabinet member in the Obama admin. might have fared better.

Having said that, I've been laughing myself silly. It was a little embarrassing when some people were upset over the Supreme Court upholding Obama-care, and when pretty much the same people were upset that Obama won reelection. But they pale in comparison to the sore losers we've seen post-Trump.

I'm surprised, but for the first time ever, I'm happy about the choice of president elect. Wouldn't it be wonderful if the First Lady to be combines a Jackie Kennedy style tour of the White House with a photo shoot?

DavidUSA likes this.
  7. DavidUSA

Me too. But the truth is that we do not know what Trump will actually do. On the other hand, something tells me that Trump has a chance to become one of the greatest presidents in American history.

On the liberal reaction to Trump's victory, here is some news to delight the heart:

Expatriate Americans in Pakistan on Donald Trump's win - News from Al Jazeera

In Pakistan, of all places. The wacky liberals in the Embassy get weepy-weep when their idol falls the ground and breaks. Pakistan, soaked in blood, drone war galore, killing women and kids just about every week, sometimes every day, and the staff get weepy about the rights of girls and a woman breaking the glass ceiling. They are mentally sick. Their disgusting hypocrisy is nowhere more evident than in Pakistan. Having lived there and worked there, and having dealt with the wacko liberals on the Embassy staff in Islamabad, I can report that many of those people have no right to be in their jobs--and they certainly cannot do a single thing that is good for Pakistan, or America for that matter. Complete Bozos, clown shoes.

professeur likes this.
  8. gungchang

All presidents-elect have some chance to become the fifth face on Mr. Rushmore.

Donald's strength might be in part be due to his surprising electoral victory. This has left the status in quo in disarray, to say the least. Hillary might be one example. The former first lady and former senator and former/sitting secretary of state might well have been shopping for new curtains for the ovum, er, oval office just prior to the election returns. I don't think that the world has changed so much in one night as it did on Nov 8 since Sept 7 or Dec 7. I don't think there's much organized opposition right now. If he moves fast and, for example, picks a cabinet that to some extent pleases the shocked Democrats, he just might be in a strong position come his innauguration.

Wouldn't it be a hoot if he offered Hillary her old job back as Sec of State?

DavidUSA likes this.
  9. DavidUSA

Obama was laughing at Trump, but not now.

This one is pretty funny:

SkypePhoto_20161116_174721.jpg

10. gungchang

I suppose we're in for one last round of "black man in the white house" jokes.

I'll miss things like Paul McCartney singing Michelle to the First Lady and The Mythbusters appearing in the Oval Office w/ da Prez.

11. Gor Blimey Guvnur!

Gor Blimey Guvnur! What the duck ! Staff Member

DavidUSA likes this.
  12. bahn_farang

bahn_farang Well-Known Member

When does President Trump become just 'the president', it would seem there is a lingering disrespect

13. SageAdvice

SageAdvice Well-Known Member

I admire your understatement :smiling

14. gungchang

He transitions from "president-elect" to "the president" (or the more fashionable POTUS) when he is innaugurated next January.

I always hear "Obama." I always heard/hear Baby Bush, Bush senior, Clinton, Reagan, Carter, Ford, Nixon or Tricky Dicky, JFK, Ike, Truman, FDR, blah blah blah. In that sense, Trump will almost never be referred to as "the president."

Donald Trump and Donald Duck. Dweezil Zappa did the music for the USA (cable channel) animated series Duckman. Do you remember it? I predict that Trump will be known as Duckman or Hugh (after Hugh Heffner, because of his hot wife who's posed nude).

I speak as a US citizen who voted in the Nov 8 election.

Viva California!

PS South Park has its own election coverage. Enjoy!