1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

President Trump

Discussion in 'General News from other countries' started by gungchang, 9 Nov 2016.

1. gungchang

gungchang Thread Starter Well-Known Member

CNN Trump wins.jpg

I just happened to be downloading software for a new computer when I saw this.

2. Stamp

Stamp Administrator Staff Member

Yup, USA's 45th president.

3. Gor Blimey Guvnur!

Gor Blimey Guvnur! What the duck ! Staff Member

What a piss poor choice our American friends had ....which muppet shall I vote for? Bet you will miss Obama big time given a couple of years from now.

Here's my fave American song and quite fitting for the reign of Trump. Enjoy the ride for the next 4 years lol.

How a British paper sees it:
    "Donald Trump shattered expectations on Tuesday with an election night victory that revealed deep anti-establishment anger among American voters and set the world on a journey into the political unknown."

"Another man, who identified himself only by his first name, Theo, called the results “scary and troubling”. “You don’t think there could be so much hate in this country – there is.”

SOURCE: Donald Trump wins presidential election, plunging US into uncertain future | US news | The Guardian

Internationalteacher and sirchai like this.
  4. gungchang

gungchang Thread Starter Well-Known Member

I noticed that the popular vote margin of victory/defeat was less than 1%.

5. sirchai

sirchai Well-Known Member

What a piss poor choice our American friends had ....which muppet shall I vote for? Bet you will miss Obama big time given a couple of years from now.

Can't agree more and I also saw that when I was looking for software. Millions of Americans on their way to Asia in only a few months?

What a Muppet show.....I'm in the State of a shock.

Internationalteacher likes this.
  6. bahn_farang

bahn_farang Well-Known Member

What a fine result for freedom, nice one America. Now I wish in greatest sincerity that Big Donald gets to work devaluing the currency as quickly as possible, about two years would be great! By that time I should have enough time and money to go to the states.

Russia and America pumping the oil will lead to cheap flights. Check
    A very weak dollar will mean that I can afford to stay longer, stay in a nicer hotel, and rent a bigger car. Check

Now let's get behind Donald as he screws the US economy into the ground.

My American cousins having an income from the US, time to buy gold, move to a smaller house, or just tighten your belts.

A warm welcome to the group of countries which have truly screwed it up.

Rule Britannia.:uk Must dash as my tea bags are drying on the line - a rather annoying task I have needed to do since the butt stupid Brits decided to leave the Euro zone and decreased my income - turds.

Internationalteacher likes this.
  7. Internationalteacher

Internationalteacher AKA phuketbound

I'm shocked and truly disappointed. Being I'm from a border city in Canada, I am horrified at the American people's choice.

Apparently, many people will be trying to move to Canada, although not any time today. Canada's Immigration website crashed (error) while Trump's victory was imminent. Too frickin funny actually. I read somewhere that there was a 300% increase in traffic to Canada's Immigration website as Trump was getting closer to being elected.

Canada's immigration website crashes as Trump's election lead grows | World news | The Guardian

sirchai likes this.
  8. sirchai

Please, you can use your teabags twice. :hilarious

9. bahn_farang

sirchai likes this.
  10. sirchai

11. GanDoonToonPet

GanDoonToonPet Well-Known Member

Quite disturbing, not shocking, that this has happened but those 'au fait' with the US political system won't be worried. How's he going to get any of his crazy shit through Congress, when most of his own party reps hate him?

POTIS even crazier than the republicans...now that is shocking. :huh

12. DavidUSA

DavidUSA Well-Known Member

In 2008 Obama got an email from Froman, his "supporter", and the email said--this was released by Wikileaks--here is who to put on your cabinet... Rahm Immanuel (I am not going to bother to check the spelling of that ballet-dancing dwarf's name), etc. If you have any questions, then write back.

That is all you need to know. Don't worry about working for the NSA or having a TS/SCI w/ full-scope Poly.... you don't need it. The US has been a scam, very cozy. In stepped Director Comey, he said fu86 you all, the US is going back to being a real country. The cabal is terrified right now, and they should be. This is an historic event. The FBI smacked her down, and that is very good.

The game is over for that little shi^ Wasserman-Schultz and their cabal. The US is now back on track, and the chances of war have been greatly reduced. War with Russia or China, that is. ISIS just got scre(%d with no lubrication.

Congratulations President Trump. We need you.

It is a victory for the US, and James Madison is no longer spinning in his grave. It is so good.

Great Britain is our friend, and we will stick with them through the Brexit. As Trump said, we just had Brexit plus, plus, plus. That is dam& right.

Last edited: 9 Nov 2016
  13. bahn_farang

Time will tell I guess

14. steveolevi

steveolevi Well-Known Member

Incredibly insensistive remark to make about this young man. He is standing before the world in support of his father. It was 3 a..m and he has been through a lot in the last few months.

The kid deserves kudos for staying up that late and showing respect to his parents and to the others that helped to overcome the nasty daily attacks of the American media. Your remark was crass, and rude Teacher.

15. bahn_farang

My apologies if I offended your sensitivities, not wanting to go cross thread but did you find any appropriate teachers in response to your announcement on this site, or, as you said, did the announcement only attract "wankers"?

If you are going to be the measure of crassness a little more uniformity in assessment would appear needed.

Having said that, my original apology remains.