1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prepositional Phrases

Discussion in 'English Language' started by DavidUSA, 8 Dec 2016.

1. DavidUSA

DavidUSA Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Criticism is welcome.

Attached Files:

2. SageAdvice

SageAdvice Well-Known Member

This sort of presentation is much beloved by rote zombies so I imagine it will be well received and easy to test. However, I note that relevant context is lacking for the grammar examples, e.g., "I go home at Christmas." Do you think a Thai student would ever utter such a sentence? Rote grammar books infest bookshelves at many bookstores; no need to recreate an already creaky wheel. Why not, as a basic step, incorporate what you want to teach into mobile/Line dialogs that reflect the Ss environment and can be practiced orally or in written form? You can then have individual Ss call each other or send each other Line messages: voila! Relevance and fun!

You did invite criticism :smiling

3. DavidUSA

DavidUSA Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Right, asking for criticism on this site is like cutting your arm and sticking it in a pool of water invested with sharks, but the criticism I had before has been extremely helpful.

If that Thai student is going to go to school in the US, it might be good to know at Christmas and on Christmas day. One goal of this book is to be thorough.

I like the idea of dialogs on Line. I am selling lessons in China right now, but I have not sold any audio. That is in the near future. Keep the ideas coming. Danke.

Last edited: 8 Dec 2016
  4. SageAdvice

SageAdvice Well-Known Member

a) A Thai student living in the US is immersed in and will probably practice English in real time with real folks: no need to buy a grammar book suitable for third-world rote fests.
    b) I had no idea you were selling products: a small percentage of profits for incorporated suggestions would be polite...and encourage more helpful criticism :smiling

DavidUSA likes this.