1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prathom 1 Unit test doing words

Discussion in 'English Language' started by soreia, 19 Oct 2012.

1. soreia

soreia Thread Starter New Member

Hope this can be used by some of you. I used this last year as a Unit test for my Prathom 1 students

Enjoy

Attached Files:

2. po3try

po3try Guest

looks good. thanks!

3. soreia

soreia Thread Starter New Member

If you need any more P1/P2 material let me know!

4. Scooter

Scooter Weirdsonofabiatch

Great! Just what I can use next semester - so much appreciated. :clap:

Decent tests for Prathom classes are pretty difficult to find - and they're often far too advanced for Thai kids.

5. po3try

po3try Guest

yeah anything p2 would be appreciated. Will upload some of mine this weekend if i remember.

6. MisterStretch

MisterStretch Guru di guru-guru Ingeris

soreia...keep uploading. I am sure many can benefit and use materials you have already used and have in your files.

Cheers for this one. :cheers2:

7. MisterStretch

MisterStretch Guru di guru-guru Ingeris

I was looking at the worksheet again...

For first year students, I would not use the phrase "doing words"...because none of the selections possible are present continuous (verb + ing). First year students are generally not introduced to the -ing form, but the Simple Present, and perhaps the Simple Past later in their year.

Why not call them action words or even "verbs" (god forbid). These are verbs, all of them action words.

"Verbs" is not a four-letter word (five, as you can count) but it is also not "meta language".

Let's not confuse students by saying things like "doing" words...when the answers aren't "doing".

I teach my students that the verb tense used to answer a question is the same verb tense that is used in the question.

In this instance it would be, "What is the boy doing?" Answer: "He is sliding." or "He is playing on the slide."

Correct structure and usage is important at the beginning.

I love the worksheet. I don't care for the words used in the instructions.

Nonetheless, please keep posting. It's a great worksheet that others can use, when they edit it.

sirchai likes this.
  8. Jilrob

Jilrob Member

Pratom 1/2 materials greatly appreciated. Thanks for posting.

9. james

james New Member

Hi,

Thanks a lot for posting the P1 vocabulary and sorry to ask but I started teaching in Thailand first time and am teaching 8 levels. I have 4 unit tests I give each level but I am stuck for mid terms and finals vocab and speaking P1 - P6
    Would you have some of all of these levels material?

Thank you in advance

10. Stamp

Stamp Administrator Staff Member

Welcome back to Thailand Teaching, ....!

11. sirchai

sirchai Well-Known Member

Here's just an example what I'm using for my kids. Page one is for grade one and two, page two for my grade three kids.

They like to translate words and it can only be helpful when they understand certain words.

I wanted to upload a MS Office Word file but that doesn't work. Best is to use Nitro 9 to change the format.

I've got a lot of stuff somewhere on an external, should anybody want some more stuff.

English, math and science. Cheers-

Attached Files:

12. sirchai

sirchai Well-Known Member

I need to look at some stuff, I could send you a lot of files and you choose what you want?

Please let me know if that's okay and I'll send you my email, or share some stuff on One drive after uploading it.