1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Non-B Police Clearance Document required at Embassy in Vientiane, Laos

Discussion in 'Visas and extensions of stay' started by Stamp, 19 Jul 2015.

1. GanDoonToonPet

GanDoonToonPet Well-Known Member

LOL but you can & have been able to for many years. What god-forsaken hell holes have you been working in?

My first job was with the SS in 2011, when immigration (CW) required a criminal check from your home country. Luckily I came prepared but the requirement fell by the wayside after a few months.

Fast forward to 2015 when CW required a criminal check from your home country ONLY FOR BRITISH CITIZENS. That fell by the wayside after a few months too but there were many ways around it.

Several colleagues took a printout of the relevant website here:

https://www.acro.police.uk/icpc/

They simply entered their passport number into the search box & the result 'no records founds' came back. This printout was accepted several times by the immigration officers at CW.

This was a joint initiative between the British Embassy, who flagged a convicted child molester trying to enter the country, and the Royal Thai Police...

What hope? :bye

Hey_ewe likes this.
  2. Stamp

Stamp Thread Starter Administrator Staff Member

Changing a Tourist Visa or Exemption into a Non-Immigrant B (working as a teacher) | Thailand Teaching Asia - Living and Teaching in Thailand

Non-B - Changing Tourist Visa into Non-Immigrant B (teaching) - Under Consideration | Thailand Teaching Asia - Living and Teaching in Thailand

Tourist visa to non b - USA Embassy verification | Thailand Teaching Asia - Living and Teaching in Thailand

Non-B - Changing Tourist Visa into Non-B - Degree Verification might be required | Thailand Teaching Asia - Living and Teaching in Thailand

Hey_ewe likes this.
  3. Hey_ewe

Hey_ewe Well-Known Member

Just the one hell hole in Korat, a government primary! =D
    It's actually a very school good to work at, the best in Korat and one of the best in Issan. The one major downside was visa and work permit issues, as the admin who dealt with the foreign teachers paperwork was lazy, incompetent and didn't seem to like foreigners one bit. She caused me no end of problems but fortunately I haven't had to apply for a B visa in Laos etc. My original B visa was issued in the UK and I've renewed it every year at the local office, except for one year where had to return to the UK.

She has been shown the door now (after 10 years of causing untold stress and anxiety to the foreign staff!) and we now have new admins dealing with the annual paper chase. So far they have been excellent, although they aren't very knowledgeable. Knowledge can be acquired, a bad attitude is a little harder to overcome, so I would settle for the new arrangement any day of the week!

Many thanks for the links Stamp, I have told my friend to join the forum and sent him the links, however he is probably busy drinking beer Laos =D